Title: Director of IT Operations
Location: Remote, Washington D.C.
Salary: $150-180K + 25% Bonus
- Drive best in class IoT edge device and cloud system services model across operational systems (covering: data acquisition, control systems troubleshooting, cloud computing, network and application connectivity, and operational security ).
- Engage, direct and develop the Operations team. Activities include: scaling organization to meet globally scaling company needs, leadership development, managing bench strength, succession planning and developing critical talent.
- Lead, manage and monitor successful and continuous delivery of managed services, including implementation process end-to-end, standardization and continuous improvement
- Design, develop and implement operational systems, policies and procedures
- Lead the specification, installation, maintenance and administration of relevant solutions to agreed service levels
- Manage systems maintenance and issue resolution
- Provide leadership and optimize performance of a 24/7 global network operations center
- Develop, track and communicate team performance through Key Performance Indicators and reports
- Responsible for meeting team performance KPIs and developing and adhering to departmental budget
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related field required, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of Linux system administration, modern (NoSQL) database systems, high reliability and distributed computing, network systems, and web application technologies
- Proven success collaborating in Agile environments - ability to influence people successfully
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - high emotional intelligence and excellent presentation skills a must
- Experience working in a datadriven organization
- Experience providing delivery of managed services, including commissioning, upgrades, continuous improvement, and standardization
- Must be highly organized and disciplined in prioritized work execution
- 10 years experience in digital service delivery, including 3+ years in a management capacity
- Experience developing and managing SLA's for 3rd party vendors (desired)
- Experience developing and maintaining dashboards for reporting purposes (desired)