Master Black Belt - Diabetes Quality
Northridge, CA or US REMOTE
Careers That Change Lives
In this exciting role as a Master Black Belt - Quality for the Medtronic Diabetes organization you will have responsibility for driving continuous improvement and quality excellence strategy in support of patients who rely on Medtronic for Diabetes therapy. In this role you will participate/lead CAPAs, work with leaders across the organization to define meaningful and actionable KPIs, and act on cross-functional synergies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Quality Management System.
Diabetes Operating Unit -Our strategy is to become a holistic diabetes management company focused on making a real difference in outcomes and cost. We want to transform healthcare toward value-based models by driving both product and business model innovation with the goal of elevating patient experience, improving clinical outcomes and lowering the total cost of care for our customers.
We value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations.
Visit to see an overview of the products in our Diabetes product portfolio.
We are a learning culture. An inventive and collaborative group. We are dedicated to making sure that every patient gets the best product - when they need it. We have strong ties to our local communities. Our vibrant employee communities respect and value individual experience and perspective as we aim to improve lives and the access to healthcare.
A Day in the Life
A day in the life of the Master Black Belt - Quality may consist of:
* Facilitation of one or more quality continuous improvement or problem solving initiatives.
* Discussions with leaders across the organization to look for best practices and synergies that can be leveraged in the Diabetes Operating Unit.
* Gathering Voice of Customer data from different functions to identify opportunities to improve cross-functional processes and operating mechanisms.
* Working with leaders in the Quality organization to identify and implement KPIs that drive proactive/preventive actions.
* Participation in cross functional workstreams to drive simplification and improve quality culture at Medtronic Diabetes.
* Develops, implements and sustains process improvement initiatives utilizing Six Sigma methodologies.
* Defines, designs and implements continuous improvement programs to ensure programs are integrated vertically and horizontally across the organization.
* Defines improvement projects aligned with business strategies.
* Analyzes improvement programs and potential results.
* Facilitates and coaches improvement teams.
* Establishes and maintains performance metrics to measure program success.
* Installs process excellence supports for program governance, project reviews, communications, training, certifications and rewards.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
* Bachelors degree with10 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with 8 years of relevant experience
* Lean Six Sigma (Master) Black Belt certification
Nice to Have
* Experience in Quality Systems
* Experience in Medical Device Audit
* Familiarity with ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
Ability to travel to the Northridge, CA office when it is safe to do so up to 25% of the time.