Brief Description of Sunnova Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is powering energy independence TM and changing the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits - and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person. Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry! The Marketing Senior Specialist Position
Sunnova Energy is searching for a passionate marketer to drive multi-channel marketing campaigns and elevate the customer experience to the next level.
The candidate will design, build and execute marketing campaigns and customer journeys using email, SMS/text messaging, social, display ads, and more. Communications will engage, inform, educate prospects and existing customers across the customer journey from leads through the end-to-end customer lifecycle. You will support cross-functional efforts across the Brand, Product, Marketing, Web, Legal and Operational teams to ensure all critical deliverables including, but not limited to, campaign requirements, timelines, and creative assets are coordinated, developed, and executed on strategy and on time.
Marketing Senior Specialist Responsibilities
The major areas of responsibility that the candidate will drive include:
Build and manage campaigns from Marketing Cloud (e.g., email, SMS/text messaging, data integrations to Facebook, Google, 3 rd party platforms, etc.):
- Build, manage and execute campaigns (one-time manual, scheduled, triggered and automated sends) that are aligned with business priorities, calendars, timelines, and internal stakeholders.
- Develop automated, data-driven customer campaigns and experiences such as drip campaigns, customer journeys, multi-channel interactions and more.
- Work with business partners, digital designers and copywriters to optimize campaigns that onboard, engage, and retain potential and current customers.
- Develop and execute A/B tests, analyze performance, and recommend improvements to drive performance lift. Testing includes subject lines, message content, CTAs, customer audiences & segments, and new features.
- Test and validate creative formats across devices, email clients, and ISPs to ensure that ads render correctly for the majority of the subscriber base.
Evolve and enhance the Prospect-to-Customer Lifecycle:
- Build RFM (recency, frequency & monetary) and campaign messaging strategies for each target audience and segment to drive engagement, lead and sales performance against KPI goals.
- Use customer behavioral data from email and web interactions to optimize and personalize messaging, content and segmentation.
- Drive continuous optimizations to confirm if messages are going to "the right person, at the right time, through the right channel". Proactively apply best practices and seek new ways to improve overall performance and efficiencies including, but not limited to, new technology, tools, partners, trends, and best practices.
- Support various types of strategic programs across the customer lifecycle (e.g., prospecting, lead gen, event confirmations, promotional, educational, engagement, operational, survey, and transactional).
- Work with operational partners to ensure that marketing campaigns support business goals and are contributing to business success metrics.
Measure results to evaluate and optimize campaigns:
- Analyze campaign performance from platforms such as Marketing Cloud, Salesforce, Google Analytics, etc. to measure and optimize open, impression, delivery, click, conversion rates and more.
- Use customer, campaign and performance data to drive optimizations with audience targeting, messaging, personalization, incentives and more.
- Deliver recurring campaign performance reporting that include historical trends, root cause analyses, actionable insights, and recommendations.
- Bachelor s degree with emphasis on marketing or business
- 3-5 years experience with developing and managing marketing campaigns, copywriting, performance testing, and analyzing results
- Hands-on experience with building, managing & deploying campaigns from Campaign Management & Automation Platforms such as Marketing Cloud, Adobe Campaign, ActiveCampaign, Pardot, Hubspot, or Marketo.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS, URL structure & parameters, and Content Management Systems (CMS).
- 2-3 years experience in the energy market, preferably with a publicly listed company
Additional Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. and analytical thinking skills
- Experience with data analysis from Salesforce, Google and Bing Ads, Marketing Cloud (email metrics), Facebook, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and similar marketing technology platforms
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and meeting facilitation
- Critical interpersonal attributes include:
- Ability to adjust to fast-paced environment and shifting priorities
- Passion for problem-solving, learning and educating others
- Collaborative team player, with an optimistic, positive energy
- Thorough, detailed as well as nimble, agile execution
- Ownership and accountability for results and delivery
- Strong empathy for customers and the ideal customer experience
- Passion for revenue and growth
- Remote-office environment
- Estimated travel time:
- Extended periods of time working at computer workstation
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.