Market Research Associate Director R - Remote Work from Home Job Description Summary:
Requires significant specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise, conceptual and practical knowledge of theories and principles, and applies general knowledge of business and industry practices within the discipline of market research. Solves unique problems that have a broad impact on the business. Leads analyses and prepares forecasts and recommendations in the areas of product preferences, sales coverage, market penetration, market practices and sales trends. Research market conditions to determine potential sales of products/services. Leads projects or initiatives across areas with notable risk and complexity to achieve milestones and objectives. Exercises considerable creativity, foresight, and judgment in conceiving, planning, and executing on initiatives. Contributes to the development of functional strategy.Basic Function:
Wolters Kluwer GRC division is looking for a Strategic Market Research Associate Director. This individual will join the Voice of Customer/Custom Research team and ideally be based out of our NYC office. We're looking for a highly motivated, strategic, and proactive individual with experience and success managing large-scale marketing research/voice of customer projects. You're excited about customer insights and comfortable working with quantitative data. You're results-driven with a focus on driving business impact from the research. Our team focuses on providing GRC with actionable market intelligence to better understand our customers and competitors to support a customer centric culture and accelerate our growth. With a diverse B2B customer base it's essential to learn about their needs and goals, and to use that understanding to enhance product development efforts and roadmaps, improve product positioning, and help create greater differentiation in our offerings.Job Qualifications (Minimum):
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Marketing Research, Marketing, Quantitative Marketing or Social Sciences (Psychology, Sociology), Statistics, or a related field of study with an analytic/quantitative/research focus
- Experience: A minimum of 12 years of experience in primary market research
- Minimum of 4 years of experience implementing and managing an enterprise voice-of-customer/Net Promoter Score® program
- Must have experience on the client side (not just internal)
- Demonstrated expertise in market and custom research methodologies (both qualitative and quantitative) and proven knowledge of the latest tools and techniques to capture, analyse, and disseminate actionable customer insights
- Proven expertise in questionnaire design
- Ability to formulate RFPs when working with 3rd party research vendors
- Keen understanding of survey programming and solid experience with program testing; experience working with Qualtrics or other platforms
- Ability to synthesize data from a wide variety of sources and highly skilled in analysis and insights-to-action reporting with a keen eye for visualization
Preferred Experience Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications (minimum):
- 10% Travel - Ability to travel domestically including over-night and occasional International travel (once travel resumes)
- This position is eligible for remote work subject to Wolters Kluwer's Flex Work policy and the business requirements of the team
- Prefer candidate to sit in our NY office (willing to consider remote/work from home for qualified candidate) #LI-Remote
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Experience: Some B2B market research experience strongly desired; experience with financial services and/or legal/compliance research also strongly desired
- Statistical analysis background is desirable; basic knowledge of at least one statistical software package (e.g., SQL, SPSS, Alteryx) not required, but a plus
- Critical thinker and creative problem solver
- Outstanding project management skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent professional writing and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Eager to learn and enjoy working in a results and client-oriented environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent at managing multiple projects/workstreams and priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and can meet tight deadlines with limited supervision; operates with a high degree of urgency and ownership to drive issues and tasks to completion
- Develop research methodologies-starting with RFPs and/or proposals/project charters-to solve unusually complex business challenges including but not limited to go-to-market strategy; product strategy and how to structure our sales and service organizations using customer data.
- Work with customer experience champions within business units to develop the appropriate research to measure customer experience. Collaborate with business leaders to understand the customer landscape and the business strategy to design and develop market research plans to guide data driven decisions by the business leaders.
- Independently and in collaboration with senior team members, support and lead project management of the highly visible enterprise VOC/Net Promoter® program, one that incorporates both competitive benchmark and customer experience elements with a heavy emphasis on close-the-loop and action
- Independently and in collaboration with senior team members, develop new enterprise feedback programs on the InMoment (formerly MaritzCX) platform, as well as ad-hoc research projects. Manage beginning-to-end execution, oversee project logistics and engage in questionnaire design, survey programming/testing, and data analysis & report creation (chart/table creation).
- Analyze and interpret data to provide data-driven recommendations and deliver compelling presentations to stakeholders at all levels of the organization to influence senior level professionals based on actionable insights.
- Help promote data-driven decisions by providing actionable insights and market intelligence when, where and how it is needed.
- Ensure that Wolters Kluwer values and corporate standards of excellence are upheld.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Wolters Kluwer offers a wide variety of competitive benefits and programs to help meet your needs and balance your work and personal life, including but not limited to: Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans, 401(k), FSA/HSA, Commuter Benefits, Tuition Assistance Plan, Vacation and Sick Time, and Paid Parental Leave
. Full details of our benefits are available - About GRC division with Wolters Kluwer
Governance, Risk and Compliance ("GRC") is one of the four operating divisions of Wolters Kluwer. GRC's governance, risk and compliance information, tools and solutions are offered under brand names such as CT, ELM Solutions, Wolters Kluwer Lien Solutions, Wolters Kluwer Financial Services, eOriginal, BizFilings, and NRAI. GRC provides market-leading solutions for registered agent, compliance and governance services, financial services, law department management and e-billing tools, and lien management. Market Research Associate Director R - Remote Work from Home #LI-Remote