AB2 Consulting Inc looking for a strong Manual QA Engineer. This position will be responsible for both QA test case development and testing business systems to insure they meet necessary quality standards. We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working professional with solid education and experience with the ability to work for a fast-paced, organization. In addition to exceptional analytical skills, you must have a "roll-up your sleeves" attitude.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts such as test data, data validation, and scripts.
- Execute on the test plan and manage all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected.
- Execute manual testing on web browsers and mobile devices.
- Create and maintain manual test scripts.
- Accurately document software defects and work with developers/analysts to get the required fixes done.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Ensure that every phase and feature of the software solution is tested and that any potential issue is identified, documented, and fixed before the product goes live.
- Ability to verify functional requirements, prepare test conditions and run test scenarios spanning multiple systems.
- Perform post migration smoke testing
- Perform backend database testing in Microsoft SQL environment including validating stored procedures, jobs and triggers.
- Adhere to IS Department and Sales Compensation team policies and best practices.
- Communicates and coordinates with Project Manager, QA Lead and Business Systems Analyst Lead to ensure appropriate integration of processes and modules across the enterprise.
- Recommends necessary changes to the existing applications to ensure efficient functioning, revenue generation, and cost savings.
- Overall 5+ years of experience in designing and executing test cases with more than 3 years on web based applications.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience using manual testing system management tools.
- Experience with manual testing/automation for SaaS applications.
- Strong experience testing complex software applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with internal team members as well as business stakeholders.
- Must be able to speak the language of the business with a proven track record in previous roles of understanding the business requirements.
- Ability to use Jira for bug defects.
- Ability to focus on deliverables and meet the deadlines.
- Ability to plan/estimate close to actual time needed.
- Ability to translate business and technical requirements into functional test plans.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, and within a team environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results leveraging SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
- Must have a positive can-do attitude.
- Strong problem solving characteristics with the ability to think out of the box.
- Must be able to work with others in a collaborative fashion.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in/testing the Anaplan application.
- provided by Dice