Req. Number: 213782-2
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
Citizens Bank is seeking an experienced Software Engineering Manager to join our Consumer Technology team and be part of our technology and digital transformation journey.
As a seasoned software engineering leader, you will work alongside and mentor a group of talented engineers as you pursue a broad range of initiatives from technology modernization and digital transformation leveraging cloud, big data, data science and CICD engineering. By leveraging your leadership and technical skills and thirst for innovation, you will produce disruptive technologies that will ensure Citizens market leadership. As a Engineering leader, you will work on multiple solutions spanning our consumer banking applications.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Attract, engage and retain top class engineering talent.
* Mentor the next generation of engineering leadership talent.
* Design, modify, develop and implement technology solutions; build modern, architecturally sound components, tools and applications to meet mission-driven strategic business goals
* Participate in an environment rapidly transforming to the Agile methodology, adhering to best practices and collaborating effectively with your team mates.
* Infuse quality of service characteristics, such as security, scalability, manageability and maintainability, into distributed service-based framework to create or expand business or technical capabilities.
* Document development iterations; ensure the quality of technical documentation; create progress reports
* Participate in code and design reviews with network, infrastructure and solutions engineering teams to ensure that solutions meet current enterprise standards
* 10+ years of experience in software development
* 5 + in Managing a team a small to medium sized team, excellent mentorship and leadership skills.
* Demonstrated ability to operate in a team environment, strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Deep expertise data structure concepts such as linked lists, dictionaries, arrays, custom object creation, etc.
* Understanding of the banking industry, specifically the functions of custodial and consumer banking
* Experienced business partner collaborator and engineering leadership in evangelizing innovative engineering solutions collecting requirements, integrated architecture design and developing efficient implementations
* Data Science feature engineering with deep knowledge in Regression, Clustering, Gradient Boosting, Random Forest, NLP, NLU or equivalent algorithms
* AWS/AZURE/GCP certification or rich relevant experience, including managing sensitive assets
* Bash and Linux experience
* Familiarity with full-stack development
* Experience with CICD pipeline (Jenkins/Bitbucket, Bamboo, CircleCI, Selenium, or equivalent)
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
* Bachelor's degree required
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.
Awards We've Received
Human Rights Campaign Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality
Dave Thomas Foundation Best Adoption-friendly Workplace
DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity
Military Friendly Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague's or a dependent's reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.