This role leads a team of consultants who work alongside our Support and Managed Services teams, offering all-encompassing open-source database solutions. Our customers range from Fortune 50 enterprises to startups, and our consultants help plan and deliver projects that include everything from design and scalability requirements, troubleshooting performance issues, to migrating to, or across, the cloud. We’re looking for a seasoned leader who will holistically consider our team, solutions, quality and growth to ensure customer success, team development and utilization, and profitability.
Our ideal candidate will be a leader who has achieved tremendous success in a Professional Services or Consulting firm, and who is motivated by transforming a business poised for exponential growth – someone who has been in a position to have this kind of impact before and is eager to do it again. You also love to be surrounded by other smart, driven people who are eager to share their knowledge, and will always have your back.
What You Will Do
- Help our team deliver high quality, efficient, and profitable professional services that result in high levels of customer satisfaction and retention
- Ensure our team members are valued, empowered and engaged
- Translate organizational vision and initiatives into executable goals and objectives
- Oversee the delivery process from ensuring SOW accuracy to oversight of project execution, methodology, and process adherence by the delivering team members.
- Create, document, and implement processes and best practices that are standardized, adopted, and executed consistently
- Serve as an escalation point to resolve customer issues, and develop and maintain relationships with key clients
- Help ensure our Sales, Marketing and Customer Success teams have what they need to land and expand new business
- Foster strong relationship with EMEA Sales maintaining a pulse on opportunity pipeline, and identifying opportunities to alleviate Sales’ pain points for selling professional services
- Team up with other leaders to inform and create strategies, standards and effective collaboration across the organization to evolve from our legacy mindset
- Monitor and report on metrics and KPIs for your team, including maintaining a consistent understanding of your team’s backlog to anticipate potential resourcing challenges, and projecting team’s billable utilization
- You've spent 5-10 years leading remote consulting teams, managing business operations, and collaborating on cross-functional initiatives
- You’ve built strong relationships with customers and other leaders across organizations
- You’ve built multiple teams with an established track record of driving change and attracting, motivating, coaching, and retaining top talent
- You’ve developed the ability to understand and manage the nuances associated with operating globally distributed teams and business operations
- You’ve developed strong business acumen - in particular:
- Ability to make sense out of complex and ambiguous situations
- Ability to understand how business decisions affect financial outcomes
- Awareness of the implications of a choice for all affected partiesDecisivenessAdaptable to change
- Developed excellent written and verbal communication skills - you know how to negotiate, as well as communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
What Defines You
- Humility - You keep your ego and self-interests in check while our customers and team remain central to everything you do
- Credibility - you walk your talk and your actions speak louder than words
- Vision - You lead with clarity, confidence, and a solution-oriented attitude
- Adaptable - You have an open mind that encourages new ideas and enables growth
- Accountability - You're answerable for accomplishing work and goals, and you own your decisions and actions
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Previous experience working with remote teams across multiple geographies and cultures
- Project management experience
- Experience working cross-functionally on financial requirements and annual budget creation for a services delivery organization
- Experience preparing departmental metrics, KPIs, and financial analysis and reporting Familiarity with any of the following:
- Open source community
- Open source database technologies such as MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Proficiency in tools such as ServiceNow, GoogleDocs, SalesForce, and Notion
- Enjoy the freedom to work remotely from anywhere in the world!
- With top talent sourced globally, you will enjoy an international and culturally diverse team
- Flexibility in your working hours means you can prioritize your personal life, pursue hobbies, volunteer, and stay active
Our internal programs include groups like:
- The Percona Adventure Team: This team embarks on unforgettable journeys to breathtaking locations around the world for activities such as mountain climbing, hiking, white water rafting and more.
- Women Transforming Technology is a grassroots program committed to building a supportive community of women in technology. Their goals are to connect, empower and inspire women in all areas and levels of the organization.
- Flow days: Fridays at Percona are for focusing on finding your workflow. Meetings and distractions are limited on Fridays so you can focus on getting things done.
- FryDays: With Percona being so globally dispersed there are not many holidays that overlap for everyone. FryDays are four Fridays each year where everyone at Percona can unplug and enjoy the same 3-day weekend.
- Gain all of this and more by becoming a part of our organization!
Percona is a highly respected thought leader in the global open-source community. Our mission is to Keep Open Source Open. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB.
Percona is remote-only and globally dispersed – we have colleagues in more than 50 countries! We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard.
Our staff receives generous benefits including flexible work hours and paid time off, all your equipment for your remote office, funds for career development (external training, certifications, conferences) and the opportunity to participate in an equity incentive plan.
If you love the idea of working with a high-growth tech company that is one of the best in the business and known globally as a go-to in the open-source database space, let’s talk!
Connect with us and stay up to date on our latest news and developments by following us on LinkedIn and Twitter. We look forward to connecting with you!