Manager, Product - Air Disc Brakes (Remote)
LOCATION: Avon / Ohio (US-OH), United States | BRAND: Bendix | REQUISITION ID: 487 | JOB GRADE: 18
Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we've been doing it for 90 years…setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We're part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you'll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You'll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today!
This position is responsible for developing & implementing product & customer strategies for Air Disc Brake product lines within Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems, LLC (BCVS). Position has commercial responsibilities relative to product changes, pricing, profitability & contract review. Position is responsible for completing sales planning functions and aftermarket marketing strategies for the ADB product line(s).
- The Product Manager is responsible for developing and implementing regional & global product strategies. This involves creating business cases for new products & product extensions as well as managing obsolescence / streamlining.
- Creation & maintenance of key product roadmaps, including alignment with other Business teams (Electronics) & customer's product / technology roadmaps.
- This position manages the profitability of the assigned product families through cost reduction programs, growth programs, long-term agreements (LTA), pricing & through improved plant operating performance.
- The Product Manager in-conjunction with the ADB Product Group Director develops the Strategic Planning (STRAP) and Mid-Term Operating Plan (MOP) for the assigned product lines, presents them to the Wheel-End CoC leadership, and delivers results based on the plans.
- Must align STRAP and MOP plans with product owner plans and product business cases.
- Must develop a strong working relationship with counterparts at Knorr-Bremse, including developing & implementing a worldwide strategy for Key products.
- Leads multifunctional integrated program teams, strong interface with external customers, OE/AM sales, and Knorr-Bremse peers/corporate.
- Leads teams to drive new projects & programs in anticipation of business needs.
- Must work with ADB product owners to gain customer feedback related to products/projects being worked on by SCRUM teams
- Candidate must have excellent strategic skills & have demonstrated these skills in previous jobs.
- Possesses the skills to succeed in a hybrid matrix organization.
- Strong business management (financial and portfolio analysis) and negotiation skills.
- Able to adapt to the diversity and challenges of local and global working teams.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and, oral communication skills in a cross-functional, team environment.
- Able to work independently & prioritize time/resources/ goals.
- Challenges and formulates new processes and strategic thinking and leads the development of new core processes and products to enhance ADB product group business performance.
- Able to identify customer needs and builds relationships with key OE and Fleet customers.
- Influences and motivates others, provides direction, removes barriers, leads high impact teams.
- Globally capable - Must be comfortable working with and leading colleagues and customers in all regions as required
- Minimum of 7 -10 years of experience, preferably in engineering or program management with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience in the commercial vehicle (heavy-duty truck, trailer or bus) and/or automotive segments.
- Vehicle brake experience (automotive and/or commercial vehicle) preferred
- Technical degree (preferably a B.S. degree in Engineering). Masters or MBA preferred.
- Experience using Agile principles / SCRUM methodology preferred
- Greenbelt certified preferred.
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- Telework policy
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron