Manager of Technical Accounting
Working with a growing company that is seeking a Manager of Technical Accounting. This is a remote role and will report directly to the Controller and oversee the preparation and filing of all external reporting and technical accounting. Great opportunity to make an impact with a growing company. This opportunity offers career advancement, development, and the ability to progress into other roles.
Why Take the Role:
- Lots of opportunity for career growth- looking for someone who can grow with the company
- This organization is the leader in their industry
- Great leadership
- High visibility - ability to make a difference/have an impact
- Great benefits
- Strong work/life balance
- Fantastic culture
- Fully remote role
Primary Responsibilities of the Manager of SEC Reporting/Technical Accounting:
- Owns the preparation and review of external financial reporting (SEC, US GAAP, IFRS), including overseeing preparation of Form 10-Q, 10-K and other SEC filings including financial statements (balance sheets, income statements, statement of shareholders' equity, and statement of cash flows), footnote disclosures, and MD&A.
- Ensure compliance with SEC reporting rules through the accurate and timely filing of required documents.
- Assist to develop, maintain, and ensure compliance with internal controls related to global accounting policies and new accounting and reporting guidance issued by the FASB and the SEC
- Support the calculation of stock-based compensation and earnings per share
- Assist in preparing senior management and audit committee communications
- Prepare Press Release financials, including GAAP to Non-GAAP reconciliations.
- Continuously strive to enhance and streamline reporting processes and controls
- Assist management in other corporate areas such as financial planning and analysis, investor relations, treasury, acquisition due diligence and purchase accounting.
- Lead and develop staff
Preferred Experience for the Manager of SEC Reporting/Technical Accounting:
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 6+ years relevant experience
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in U.S. GAAP, and SEC rules
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills