The Manager of Talent Acquisition - Operations will lead the innovation and operational efficiency of a high volume recruiting and staffing center that supports more than 800 stores and hires more than 70,000 associates annually. This leader is a collaborative, recruiting operations expert that is passionate about building scalable processes for acquiring top talent in a high-volume environment. The Manager will improve process, drive efficiencies, and collaborate with leaders to maximize our current candidate pipeline while analyzing qualitative and quantitative recruiting and people data to drive decisions and prioritize efforts. This role will be part of our TASC (Talent and Staffing Center) team that is the foundation of our organization's high volume recruitment efforts. The Manager -TASC/Operations will lead an Analyst and report directly into the Senior Director, Talent Acquisition. In partnership with the Manager of Talent Acquisition (TASC) they will identify challenges and opportunities, breakdown problems to determine root cause and then solve for, including exploring/introducing new technologies that can help us scale our efforts to support our growing organization as we double our fleet of stores. Our ideal candidate will be an innovative leader who wants a hands-on role in building structure, systems, programs, and processes to improve operational efficiency across a rapidly growing off price retailer.
• Monitor, analyze, and report on key data through the development of appropriate metrics which measure the performance of the TASC team.
• Advance the use of scalable recruiting and hiring analytics, reporting and dashboards to gain insights and improve talent pipeline and funnel.
• Candidate Flow/Behavior:
o Understanding candidate flow/behaviors to identify opportunities to optimize Burlington's processes.
o Assess posting & sponsorship performance, while understanding the connection to talent brand.
• Responsible for Market Research and competitive analysis.
• Quality & team performance monitoring.
Process Improvement & Implementation
• Identify inefficiencies based on process mapping and data analysis.
• Make recommendations based on findings/data/work.
• Model a continuous improvement mindset to continue to evolve TASC. Lean into technology to seek future efficiencies. Inform the selection and integration of an internal communication platform that will create centralized productivity measurements into TASC. Partner with HR Talent Technology team in exploring additional technologies and inform RFP process.
• Drive alignment, create and implement strategies, initiatives/programs to improve the talent pipeline.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Strong understanding of Talent Acquisition process and technology, and how to implement changes to drive efficiency.
• Positively demonstrate the company's Core Values - Trust and Respect Each Other, Build Teams and Partnerships and Drive Results
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to develop rapport and respect with colleagues.
• Ability to deliver effective results and meet tight deadlines and targets.
• Excellent problem-solving skills; must be proactive, take initiative and have the ability to work independently while being inquisitive and seek to understand.
• Strong interpersonal/people skills; ability to establish and build partnerships with all levels of management and business partners; influence business stakeholders
• Deep experience facilitating effective change at a broad scale.
• 7+ years of experience in Talent Acquisition and/or Operations, with emphasis on high-volume efforts 3-5 years in the Talent Acquisition Operations space, broader Human Resources, or Project Office
• Strong project management, analytical, and influencing skills with demonstrated success driving projects from beginning to end with positive impact on the business
• Highly motivated, energizing and inspires others to seek higher levels of performance
• Demonstrated leadership skills developing direct reports and/or resources through broader project teams
• Must have strong computer skills preferably in MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Google Analytics with the ability to quickly master new systems and software applications.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Project Management or equivalent preferred
…are excited to deliver great values to customers every day;
…take a sense of pride and ownership in helping drive positive results for a team;
…are committed to treating colleagues and customers with respect;
…believe in the power of diversity and inclusion;
…want to participate in initiatives that positively impact the world around you;
Come join our team. You're going to like it here!
Burlington is committed to being an employer of choice. We offer a competitive wage and benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. Our associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and our communities through various social responsibility initiatives. As a growing company, we offer a variety of professional development and career growth opportunities.