UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You love to challenge the status quo. You thrive on exceeding goals, always making things better than you found them. Bring that passion to UnitedHealthcare and join us on a mission to help people live healthier lives. As a Manager of Strategic Programs, you'll work alongside a high caliber team as you drive innovation and business forward. You'll roll up your sleeves as you coordinate complete projects, defining performance and results. When you get into the driver's seat of this role, you will show your expertise in determining time frames, allotment of staffing and funding resources and leading others in the organization to make meaningful process improvements. This is no small opportunity.
This is an exciting opportunity to join UnitedHealthcare of Pennsylvania's leadership team and help implement new programs and strategies to improve quality, affordability, service levels and operational performance for new and existing lines of business.
Additional responsibilities include oversight of delegated vendors/subcontractors, management of pay-for-performance programs, maintaining or establishing relationships with key vendors, and coordinating programs with Medicaid state customers/partners.
If you are located within the state of Pennsylvania, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Delegated Vendor / Subcontractor Oversight and Relationship Owner
- Monitor that vendors fulfill state contract requirements and remediate gaps
- Lead negotiations and establishment of contract terms with some vendors
- Coordinate regulatory requests and internal performance initiatives with subcontractors
- Strategy and execution of Small Diverse Business (SDB) program
- Project manager for Clinical, Quality and Affordability initiatives
- Help clinical and quality staff to translate identified opportunities into work plans
- Work w/ Quality Director on design and implementation of Provider Pay-for-Performance programs
- Work with CMO, CFO, and Health Services Directory on design and implementation of Community Based Care Management programs
- Write and submit program proposals to PA DHS for approval
- Assist COO with research and resolution of internal operational issues and compliance gaps
- Support state regulatory audits as needed and present progress on contractually required programs to state regulators as needed
- Project management and implementation of new commitments made in RFPs
- Project Manager of annual Business Plan development
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA / BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field and / or equivalent education and work experience
- 5+ years of experience working in the managed health care or health insurance industry
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Excellent writing skills (to draft proposals and member or provider letters)
- Ability to do limited travel in Pennsylvania (10% per year)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Certification in Project Management
- Business Analyst background
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely to leadership
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance multiple priorities and projects
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manager of Strategic Programs, UHC Comm Plan Of PA, Project Management, PMP, Managed Health Care, Health Insurance, Business Analyst, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, PA, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote