Manager, Hydrogen & Low Carbon Fuels Analytics Location:
London, Houston, Denver Grade:
11 ( for internal purposes only ) The Role:
Platts Analytics is looking for a manager to join the team to focus on hydrogen and low carbon fuels commodity analytics. This role will play a pivotal role in leading a small team of analysts focused on the development of low carbon fuels markets (in particular hydrogen) to support producing outlooks, exploring pathways, and tracking developmental signposts. The work involves analysing energy technologies, developing forecasts, writing commentary, and developing analytical tools, research and models that underpin our client offering.
While much of the focus of the research will be on Hydrogen, you will identify all the possible carriers of hydrogen or low carbon fuels such as Ammonia or metal hydrides to identify alternative pathways. The team will be responsible for looking at usage cases, production economics and distribution costs of alternative carriers. You will provide market insights leveraging your strong quantitative modelling skills and knowledge of the global hydrogen (and associated low carbon carriers) markets, supply and demand balances, and growth-edge technologies. The hydrogen manager will also be responsible for liaising with other commodity leads in the development of fully integrated energy outlooks. The Impact:
Platts Analytics is a global team responsible for analyzing, interpreting and forecasting all global energy commodities markets and prices. Our customers represent a wide range of activities across the energy industry and, as a result, our analysis is reviewed and challenged from many different perspectives. You will play a key role in supporting Platts Analytics' services and could also play a role in developing these services into major new growth areas. The hydrogen manager will fill a key role for Platts as they focus on delivering on the potential of a promising growth area important to the future of the company. The Career Opportunity:
You will be a key input into Platts Analytics' Future Energy Outlooks service and also its development/expansion as a part of an integrated, cross commodity Platts offering. In addition there will be opportunity to contribute to an emerging global brand and to take part in customer-facing activities, including webinars and conference presentations. The Team / The Business:
You will be part of the Future Energy Outlooks team which comprises international specialists providing clients with key insights to understand and manage the risks and opportunities around long term energy trends and the energy transition. FEO's four primary research disciplines are: pathways, signpost, footprints, and outlooks. Responsibilities:
Knowledge & Skills:
- Build a high performing hydrogen and low carbon carriers analyst team and create bench strength
- Coach, mentor and develop individual members of the team to maximize their potential as well as creating a strong, collaborative team culture.
- Lead research agenda, articulate key themes and insights to your team of hydrogen and alternative low carbon derivatives analysts; drive high quality output via research reports and analytical insights
- Work with other Analytics teams, as well as the data/modelling teams, to ensure alignment of assumptions and analysis approaches
- Present and articulate expertise and thought leadership through a variety of media including but not limited to podcasts, webinars, video, TV, conference and forum speaking engagements
- Coordinate Analytics and Product Management teams to develop and execute on Go-To-Market plans for product rollout/launches. Work closely with the Pricing team to maintain alignment around Energy Transition offering across the board
- Work also closely with Marketing and Sales organization to identify opportunities and agree on sales plans
- Be a "product ambassador", interacting with existing clients and market participants to present the product, while also soliciting feedback, determining industry trends/pain points and creating a product roadmap to ensure client and market needs for power and renewables content and tools are met
- Proven leadership ability, demonstrating strong coaching skills and the ability to develop individuals, promoting team collaboration as well as personal accountability
- Strong experience in understanding dynamics around hydrogen and other low carbon derivatives technologies, including a working knowledge of fundamental chemistry.
- Knowledge of key financial and econometric fundamentals (NPV, IRR, elasticity, markets)
- Understanding of the key technologies and policies impacting the trajectory of low carbon fuels market in the longer term.
- Ability to spot trends, identify critical emerging trends early.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate across a wide range of groups and personalities internally and externally Ability to tackle problems and take independent action is key.
- Propensity to act on opportunities.
- Strong customer mind set with demonstrated ability to engage directly and honestly with customers on all issues and deliver positive experience by creating a partnership mentality
- Strong presentation skills
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
258930 Posted On:
Denver, Colorado, United States