Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for collectively driving the month-end process, reconciliation review, and enhancement of financial statement preparation and internal review process. This position is also accountable for the ongoing oversight of process improvement margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The ideal candidate should have substantive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices, processes, and procedures and will be involved in laying the foundation of a scalable accounting function.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Oversee monthly and quarterly accounting processes for OPEX, including legal, accounting, marketing, M&A, AP and other accruals.
- Responsible for driving certain aspects of the month-end close process, which includes journal entry review, balance sheet reconciliations, ad-hoc analyses, trial balance reviews, and financial statement preparation, while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Responsible for reviewing general ledger activity across all lines of business.
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and SOX compliance, as well as identify new policies and areas of improvement.
- Assist FP&A team with budgeting, forecasting & budget to actual reporting processes.
- Lead the transformation of the accrual process and drive deadlines as they pertain to the month-end close and financial statement preparation process.
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities.
- Take on additional accounting responsibilities and ad-hoc projects as the role advances and the company scales.
- Manage, coach, and develop a growing team.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Degree in Accounting or Finance and 7+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong track record of building and managing successful teams, and an ability to manage and motivate team members in a changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with various levels of management and to influence others without formal authority.
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of integrity, confidentiality and professional skepticism.
Special Sauce* (Nice to Haves)
- Public accounting experience in a large firm preferred
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.