The Home Depot is able to offer virtual employment of this position in the following states: AL, AK, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
The Finance Business Services (FBS) team serves as a strategic and innovative partner focused on supporting business growth, as part of a world-class controllership organization.
This FBS P2P Manager role is responsible for working directly with P2P Team, Merchants, IT, Finance, Logistics, and others focused on delivering enterprise logistics projects and continuous improvement as it pertains to P2P. From time to time, this role will direct offshore business partners supporting project initiatives. The individual in this role will have a strong background in running merchandise payables operations, leading people, and guaranteeing delivery to multiple stakeholders across the company.
This role is expected to collaborate with other FBS team members and stakeholders across the organization to align strategies and to ensure information is shared and transactions are completed effectively. These responsibilities require effective communication skills, building relationships and partnerships, and leveraging business proficiency to suggest solutions and provide recommendations.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
Operational Duties & Oversight (40%)
- Monitors the team's progress against departmental goals.
- Monitors team's daily activities and has a close track of SLAs.
- Plans and executes month end / year end processes.
- Leads regular team calls to address operational topics, improvements and projects that require monitoring and resolution.
- Work with internal and external customers for improving service levels and solving operational issues across the process.
- Fosters continuous improvement and innovation by challenging and empowering teams by giving them guidance and tools for developing automations and building insights for the business.
- Oversees the administration of financial policies.
- Serves as escalation for risks or issues.
- Provides updates and recommendation to leaders at all levels of the organization on short- and long-term objectives and policies, program effectiveness, team accomplishments, summary of findings, and explain internal and external impacts.
People Management & Team Leadership (30%)
- Provides leadership, mentorship and coaching to direct reports (individual contributors).
- Provides guidance on daily basis, keeps connected, and communicates with the team.
- Provides performance reviews and timely feedback to direct reports regarding performance, execution, and contribution.
- Recruits and hires staff.
- Manages the different team members with respect for all people, coaching them for bringing up the strengths and skills that will set a successful group of highly motivated and strong performers.
- Fosters collaboration with team members; develops a supportive and engaged team.
Continuous Improvements & Controls (10%)
- Participates in the continuous improvement of FBS processes by developing scalable and innovative solutions.
- Maintains Internal Controls and drive the team through required compliance.
- Ensures appropriate processes and job-specific requirements are properly documented.
- Works closely with controls and compliance teams.
- Leverages prior experiences to help develop and recommend solutions.
- Effectively develops trust and collaboration with internal customers and cross-functional teams in other towers.
- Collaborates with appropriate team members to gather input and feedback concerning business needs.
- Understands the technical needs required for successfully tackling business problems.
Strategy & Business Development (10%)
- Manages transformational projects from planning to execution and post action review.
- Shares insight and ideas on how to continue to evolve processes and increase efficiency.
- Drives adoption of leading-edge techniques and methods, both predictive and prescriptive; allows team members to develop new skills.
Nature and Scope
- Position reports to FBS Sr. Manager
- This position has up to 6 direct reports and manages programs.
- Typically requires overnight travel 0-10% of the time.
Physical Job Requirements
- Most of the time spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about.
- On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
- 5-7 years of experience in accounting, finance, financial reporting or PTP areas
- Master's degree in Accounting or Finance or other designation (e.g., CPA, CMA) is a plus
- Previous people and project management experience
- Strong knowledge of accounts payable operations, with a particular focus on retail merchandise payables
- Experience with SAP ECC and S/4 Accounts Payable and General Ledger modules
- Experience proposing and suggesting impactful process improvements to drive continuous improvements
- Relevant experience in retail industry is a plus
- Working with BPO external teams is highly preferred
- Understanding of the end-to-end source to pay process
- Experience reviewing, verifying, and approving AP activities
- Prior experience reviewing and explaining financial results highly preferred
- Strategic mindset, strong analytical, problem solving, and research skills
- Experience with different innovative technologies like RPA, AI, Machine Learning, and business query & analytics tools is highly desired
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
- Customer Focus: Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most efficient and effective processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Directs Work: Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Manages Conflict: Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
240000 - 110000