Job Description - Manager, DevOps - RemoteMANAGER, DEVOPS
100% REMOTE - U.S.
We are looking for a DevOps Manager, who has experience leading a team that supports an enterprise-level production environment, to join our global SaaS client's team! This Manager will manage a team of 15+ engineers and team leads who are responsible to build, mature, and support applications in the Public Cloud environments. This person will drive cloud maturity across existing implementations, and work with engineering teams to design and optimize new expansion projects. They should have no problem rolling up their sleeves to aid the teams to deliver, helping gather requirements or diving deep into data modelling with business analysts. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Work collaboratively with other operations leads to support Public Cloud environments for products and projects
- Hire, lead, and manage an effective engineering function to support productive development and quality of life for the team.
- Refine and transform operational processes in highly available enterprise class systems.
- Participate in an on-call rotation along with other members of the Global IT Operations team.
- Maintain and enhance the cloud roadmap/schedule with estimation of the scope of work and business outcomes.
- Provide engineering execution excellence, as well as technical vision and direction, to ensure the cloud team is aligned with the strategy of the company
- Create and deliver executive and C-level presentations to support buy-in and communicate goals.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Technology Systems, Business Administration or minimum of 7 years of applicable experience.
- 7 years of progressive technology leadership experience in Engineering functions (At least 3 years of experience managing managers and 8+ years managing engineering teams)
- Experience managing engineering teams of 15+, containing multiple multi-disciplined agile teams Experience managing and maintaining technical roadmaps which tie to product roadmaps and business value
- 8+ years experience with Public Cloud technologies and environments such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
3+ years in on-prem to cloud or cloud to on-prem migrations
- Programming experience with shell and scripting languages like Bash, Python, Perl, PowerShell the future to bear today through cognitive answers, insights, algorithms and automation.
- Familiar with progressive technologies such as Kubernetes and Nomad.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Adaptable and flexible to meet demands. You are relentless and passionate to get the job done. Pro-active - you take responsibility and own the solution within a collaborative team environment.
- Work well under pressure and thrive in a demanding environment. Excellence is an expectation. Intellectually curious - prepared to challenge and be challenged.
- provided by Dice