Western and Southern Financial Group is a Fortune 500 company and worldwide life insurance industry leader with over $50 billion of life insurance inforce. Gerber Life is a subsidiary offering protection for the entire family with over 3.8 million active insurance policies. Gerber Life primarily distributes insurance products through direct marketing and agency methods. A custom modernized sales software platform created by the IT Solutions Delivery (ITSD) Team runs all new business and underwriting operations. ITSD performs all custom application development on the new platform from specification & design through release management and production application support.
The Manager of DevOps & Cloud Engineering plays a key role for the enterprise as a member of ITSD through hands-on management and optimization of the continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline. DevOps strategies and techniques are continuously improved across multiple environments. Job monitoring execution and communication of application development changes based on interpretation of code scan, API and UI test automation results is required. Test automation update and corrective intervention is required to ensure a congestion-free release pipeline. This role will also focus on contributing to the evolution of the release management process in a new cloud environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience designing, developing, and optimizing relase management processes in both premise and cloud based environments. A passion for innovation and leading large software development teams through a hands-on approach is necessary. The ability to coordinate with and contribute alongside large teams of software and web engineers to delivery software solutions that maximize revenue and reduces cost is essential. Intelectual curiousity, an unquenchable thirst for technical knowledge and trhiving in a fast-paced agile environment are key traits for performing well in this position. Responsibilities
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery (50%)
- Designs and builds automated jobs that simplify deployment, ensure quality through automated testing, and provide a safe fallback.
- Creates and executes according to a DevOps strategy and roadmap.
- Coordinates software release activities with all other IT Teams (Quaity Control Teams, PMO, DBAs, Infrastructure, Security, Network, 3rd Parties, etc.).
- Test automation engineering (25%)
- Oversees test automation and manages to results.
- Designs, implements, and supports deep and detailed monitoring across the code scan and test automation cycles of the DevOps pipeline.
- Monitors production software for flaws and opportunities for test automation optimization.
- Contributes to specification of cloud vision, and strategy for the sales platform.
- Contributes to blueprinting a new cloud based release pipeline utilizing infrastructure as code and scripts.
- Contributes to design, implementation and management of workload automation initiatives.
- 5+ years of hands on DevOps and \"full-stack\" application development experience.
- 2+ years of experience in DevOps roles implementing CI/CD concepts with container orchestration platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- 2+ years test automation engineering.
- Any experience managing DevOps in a cloud environment is preferred.
- Must have an Agile mindset and passion for innovation, agile delivery methods and continuous integration.
- Must be a Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus. Must be highly reliable, trustworthy, honest, and commitment oriented.
- This is a remote position which requires all day long audio and video conferencing collaboration sessions with Team members. A disruption-free home office environment is mandatory.
- Quarterly on-site travel to work in offices located in White Plains, NY (Gerber Life HQ), Fremont MI (Gerber Life Operations) and Cincinnati, OH (WSFG HW) requires formal and casual business attire.
MS Computer ScienceComputer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
Certifications & Licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- Docker, Kubernetes
- GIT, Gradle, Maven, Nexus, Groovy, Jenkins, JIRA
- Selenium, Cucumber, J-Meter, J-Unit, Cypress
- Java, Angular, CSS, HTML
- Azure, AWS
- AWS or Azure Cloud certification required
- Certified Jenkins Engineer is preferred
- Certified Test Autmation (Cucumber, Selenium) is ideal