Back to Careers
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality, targeting unmet needs in analgesia, neuroscience, oncology, pediatrics, and rare diseases.
We're looking for an exceptional Manager, Database Development
to bring your passion to our team. You will be encouraged to grow professionally and personally while enjoying cross-functional partnerships with genuinely supportive colleagues, regardless of location or seniority. Most importantly, you will be using your skills to bring tangible hope to critically ill patients around the world.
At Premier Research, we are science-minded and heart-centered. Join us.You'll be doing:
- Responsible for the recruitment and line management o f database development staff including staff resourcing, communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job res ults; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing policies, procedures, and productivity standards
- Manages database development pr ojects by ensuring quality and customer service; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements
- Build and maintain long-term rapport and relationships with customers to ensure their expectations are continuously exceeded
- Administers financial compensation for direct reports and proposes adjustments (e.g., promotions, market adjustments, etc.) to management
- Represents th e data development t eam in audits and in corporate initiatives, as appropriate
- Provides support, mentoring, and training to staff as needed
- Ability to perform overnight business travel, up to 20%
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree, or international equivalent from an accredited institution, preferably in a technical, clinical, or health-related field], or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 5+ years of practical experience using commercial EDC products (eg - Oracle RDC / Inform, Medidata Rave, DataLabs, etc).
- 3 years of people management with proven ability to supervise staff, encourage teamwork and develop team capabilities. Alternately, must have proven experience in all primary job functions.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to build and motivate teams to achieve results; ability to influence and inspire action through strong decision-making skills
- Proven ability to mentor others by instructing and developing capabilities
- Demonstrates excellent English verbal and written communication
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of tools (eg - Outlook, Work, Excel, etc)
- Proven ability to drive a successful customer experience through positive customer interactions, provision of quality and timely deliverables, and task ownership
- Strong analytical and organization skills, able to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities