Software Engineering Manager Location: RemoteAbout Secureworks
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) a global cybersecurity leader, enables our customers and partners to outpace and outmaneuver adversaries with more precision, so they can rapidly adapt and respond to market forces to meet their business needs. With a unique combination of cloud-native, SaaS security platform and intelligence-driven security solutions, informed by 20+ years of threat intelligence and research, no other security platform is grounded and informed with this much real-world experience.
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about "what's next." We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team. About us
We are a fully remote software engineering team working on the company's next generation security platform. Our goal is to increase the security posture of all of our customers while building a collaborative and innovative engineering culture. We are a proud member of the Dell Technologies family and offer competitive benefit and compensation packages and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results.What you'll achieve
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will oversee the delivery of products within budget, schedule and quality guidelines and manage a team responsible for the design, development, testing, integration, maintenance, documentation and support of software.
If you love the challenges that come with big data then this role is for you. Duties include large-scale data routing, modeling, extraction, transformation, loading, warehousing, and composing such systems together with support for monitoring and mediation logic. You will use the latest big data platforms and technologies (e.g. NiFi, Spark, Kafka, NoSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP) to help federate algorithms and applications across many clouds as part of the next generation Secureworks platform. Responsibilities:
Take the first step towards your dream career
- Direct management of 3-10 Software and Data Engineers
- Contribute to code base, mentor, coach and lead by example
- Demonstrate technical leadership and a track record of building scalable and fault tolerant solutions for customers
- Collaborate with a wide audience ranging from product management, to QA and other engineering groups and driving consensus across them to support your team
Every team member brings something unique to the table. Here's what we are looking for with this role:Requirements
What we like to see (but not required):
- Bachelor's degree
- 8-12 years of software engineering experience
- At least 2 years of managerial/leadership experience
- Understanding of Scrum and Kanban and how apply them pragmatically with a team to drive progress
- Remote work experience with a geographically distributed team (currently we have teammates in PST to GMT time zones)
- Knowledge of security issues and best practices to prevent vulnerabilities
- Comfortable working knowledge of a cloud platform such as AWS, GCP, or similar
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.