The Capital One Apollo team is a part of the Emerging Merchant Business Technology teams, one of the most upcoming lines of business at Capital One! We are on a bold mission to create a clean 360-degree view of every business in the United States. It's a team that develops the core technology which drives our industry-leading understanding of the U.S. business landscape, generating valuable business insight from many disparate sources.
The Apollo team is building technology that allows us to acquire, understand, and make inferences on large, disparate business data sets. This requires ideas from across the machine learning skillset, applied to problems and data that are unique to our business. You'll do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibilities, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
What You'll Do:
• Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies
• Work with a team of developers with deep experience in machine learning, distributed microservices, and full stack systems
• Utilize programming languages like Java, Scala, Python and Open Source RDBMS and NoSQL databases and Cloud based data warehousing services such as Redshift and Snowflake
• Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, and mentoring other members of the engineering community
• Collaborate with digital product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to help millions of Americans achieve financial empowerment
• Perform unit tests and conduct reviews with other team members to make sure your code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity
At least 6 years of experience in application development (Internship experience does not apply)
At least 2 years of experience in big data technologies
At least 1 year experience with cloud computing (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
At least 2 years of people management experience
7+ years of experience in application development including Python, Scala, or Java
4+ years of experience with a public cloud (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
4+ years experience with Distributed data/computing tools (Apache Spark, Apache Airflow, EMR, S3)
4+ year experience working on real-time data and streaming applications (Kafka, AWS Kinesis)
4+ years of experience with NoSQL implementation (Elasticsearch, Cassandra)
4+ years of data warehousing experience (Redshift or Snowflake)
2+ years of experience with Agile engineering practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections ; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).