Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager Data Engineer (Remote)
We are looking for driven individuals to join our team of passionate data engineers in creating Capital One's next generation of data products and capabilities.
- You will build data pipeline frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery for our Hadoop and streaming data hub
- You will build data APIs and data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for our internal business operations, customers and partners
- You will transform complex analytical models into scalable, production-ready solutions
- You will continuously integrate and ship code into our on premise and cloud Production environments
- You will develop applications from ground up using a modern technology stack such as Scala, Spark, Postgres, Angular JS, and NoSQL
- You will work directly with Product Owners and customers to deliver data products in a collaborative and agile environment
- Lead and develop sustainable data driven solutions with current new gen data technologies to meet the needs of our organization and business customers
- Master new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives
- Break down complex data issues and resolve them
- Builds robust systems with an eye on the long term maintenance and support of the application
- Leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organization
- Drive cross team design and influencing / development via technical leadership / mentoring
- Influence cross team/matrix organization
- Broader knowledge sharing
- Provide technical guidance to team members
- Understands complex multi-tier, multi-platform systems
- Manage a team of data engineers (both full-time associates and/or third party resources)
What we have:
- A startup mindset with the backing of a top 10 bank
- Monthly Innovation
- Days dedicated to test driving cutting edge technologies
- Flexible work schedules
- Convenient office locations
- Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
- Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity
- At least 6 years of experience in application development (Internship experience does not apply)
- At least 2 years of experience in big data technologies
- At least 1 year experience with cloud computing (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- At least 2 years of people management experience
- 7+ years of experience in application development including Python, Scala, or Java
- 4+ years of experience with a public cloud (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- 4+ years experience with Distributed data/computing tools (Apache Spark, Apache Airflow, EMR, S3)
- 4+ year experience working on real-time data and streaming applications (Kafka, AWS Kinesis)
- 4+ years of experience with NoSQL implementation (Elasticsearch, Cassandra)
- 4+ years of data warehousing experience (Redshift or Snowflake)
- 2+ years of experience with Agile engineering practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $190,950 - $225,278 for Manager, Data Engineering
Location is San Francisco, California: $202,297 - $238,665 for Manager, Data Engineering
Remote roles in other areas of New York & California, and across Colorado & Washington: $161,847 - $190,943 for Manager, Data Engineering
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections ; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).