Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager, Cyber Product Management, Detection and Mitigation Solutions (Remote Eligible)
Capital One is seeking a product owner to help deliver game-changing cybersecurity solutions based on threat, data, and design thinking. At Capital One, we believe in the values of Excellence and Doing the Right Thing. We are a technology-oriented company delivering financial products to market through modern technology and constant innovation at a massive scale. Part of that innovation is leveraging technology to deliver the best cybersecurity solutions for our business.
As a Product Owner supporting the Detection and Mitigation Service Area, you will be accountable for contributing to and delivering upon the strategic agenda for our core cyber products to drive meaningful progress for our customers and our business. In this capacity, you will drive product vision into our development teams, translate vision into delivery objectives, provide customer-informed guidance to shape products, and work with cross-functional teams to deliver well-managed and sustainable features that bring that vision to life. You will use your deep technical knowledge and subject matter expertise in cybersecurity and systems engineering to drive impactful improvements to our cyber capabilities. What you'll do:
- Communicate the delivery roadmap to our technology teams by inspiring the team through the product vision
- Clearly articulate and advocate target persona, customer benefit, and value of features across teams
- Leverage technical knowledge and skills on how systems work and how code is built to effectively support engineering teams in delivering value
- Utilize strong cybersecurity background and customer research and insights to represent the voice of the customer to the engineering team(s)
- Incorporate design thinking and analytics to inform product design
- Actively participate in research or design sessions for new features
- Contribute to the development of a healthy product backlog, collaborating with the Product Manager, Engineering, and Solution Architects to break down business epics, document user stories (to also include things like addressing technical debt, SRE, etc.), design details and comprehensive acceptance criteria
- Lead internal backlog refinement sessions to refine cyber and customer intent, prepare business epics and stories for technical breakdown and planning, and ensure requirements are well understood by the engineering teams
- Prioritize the Product Backlog to maximize business and customer outcomes by balancing technical and non-technical aspects while also incorporating cyber and operational risk reduction outcomes and activities
- Act as a technical advisor to the product manager, engineering, and other stakeholders
- Collaborate across multiple cross-functional teams and the Product Owner community and play a key role in key Agile and SAFe ceremonies
- Support teams through escalation and resolution of impediments
- Drive performance and innovation with data-driven insights
- Proactively identify opportunities when key metrics on security, resilience and performance for your product (s) are not performing
- Maintain technical and risk credibility with your own team(s) and with partners across our technology organization
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity. Basic Qualifications:
- You believe that a core component of security's role is to enable the business, not just to secure it, and the solutions you bring to life are aligned to the needs of our developer community, customers, and business partners.
- You thrive in working in a fast paced, technologically forward leaning environment and are not afraid to push the boundaries of security capabilities.
- You seek to create enduring value by delivering reusable, extensible and resilient cybersecurity capabilities to address the evolving threat landscape
- You are naturally curious and stay on top of emerging trends and threats.
- You have a comprehensive understanding of iterative software delivery to connect effectively and in a meaningful way with software and platform engineers
- You seek to understand the business and technology landscape and cross-functional dependencies to inform product vision and integration with larger organizational goals
- You are a clear thinker, thrive in working across teams, and an expert in dealing with ambiguity.
- You understand and track key metrics on security, resilience and performance for your product (s) and understand levers that drive these metrics
- You have strong consulting and analytical skills and a risk management mindset
- You have the ability to foster collaborative, open working relationships with technology partners and other stakeholders
- You demonstrate balanced judgment in decisions and incorporate risk factors accordingly
- You have a strong bias for action
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 6 years of experience working in cybersecurity or information technology
- At least 6 years of experience in digital product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Cybersecurity, Systems Engineering, or Computer Science
- 4+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into products
- 3+ years of Cyber product owner experience
- 2+ years of experience in technical writing
- 2+ years of hands-on JIRA experience
- Experience in regulated financial services organizations and/or tech companies
- 2 or more professional certifications (SAFe PM/PO, CISSP, GIAC (various), CISM, CCSP, AWS Cloud Practitioner, AWS Security)
- 1+ years of experience working with a major cloud based or on-prem SIEM products (Splunk, Elastic, ArcSight, QRadar, Sentinel, Securonix, or LogRhythm)
- 1+ years of experience working with security orchestration, automation, and response platforms (Phantom, Demisto, Resilient, or Palo Alto)
- 1+ years of experience working with the SOC team to translate and prioritize requirements
- 1+ years of experience in scaled agile product management
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $197,400 - $225,300 for Manager, Cyber Technical
Location is San Francisco, California: $209,200 - $238,700 for Manager, Cyber Technical
Remote roles in other areas of New York & California, and across Colorado & Washington: $167,400 - $191,000 for Manager, Cyber Technical
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections ; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to
. click apply for full job details