POSITION SUMMARY: The Manager, Business Development facilitates the growth of the organization through all phases of the acquisition process. They will work in collaboration with the Market, Area and Corporate teams throughout the acquisition process.
- Identify, source and strategically evaluate target opportunities
- Develop Relationships with targeted business owners
- Develop strategy for new Opportunities within existing and new markets in conjunction with market operational leaders.
- Project manage acquisition Opportunities throughout all phases of the process (sourcing, valuation, negotiation, diligence and integration)
- Develop operational plan to identify synergies and serve as basis of financial model
- Assist in the development and review of financial models
- Assist in the development and review of Business Cases
- Develop and present proposals to target company owners
- Negotiate Purchase Agreement Terms and Conditions
- Lead valuation & diligence process
- Lead integration planning and implementation process
- Mentor & assist the Business Development Team as assigned
- This position may require travel up to 50% of the time
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
- 10 years of Solid Waste industry operational experience and P&L responsibility
- Experience managing a project budget in excess of $5 million.
- Experience in developing operational and financial market strategies
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Long term operational experience in the solid waste industry
- Minimum of 5 years of general business experience, preferably in a capital-intensive industry.
- M&A experience
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.