S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Manager, America's Product Specialists - DMS PS Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 11 The Location:
Americas & Canada The Team:
Primary problem-solving challenges for this position revolve around an understanding of the client's business and how SPGMI can add value to this business, as well as the challenges related to hardware/software installation and training. The Impact:
The ability of the incumbent to solve the myriad problems related to product installation, training and use is critical to success in the position and thus critical to SPGMI's overall success in growing the business and retaining existing business. What's in it for you:
- Establishes relationships with sales reps, relationship managers, product managers and commercial directors to diagnose, design and deliver workflow solutions for more complex clients. Utilizes solid credit knowledge and is critical resource for the team.
- Product Knowledge: Act as a product specialist for SPGMI's feed solutions from a data and delivery standpoint, and assist Sales in opportunities so that clients understand what data we have, how to use this, and how to ingest our data. Deploy these feed solutions at client sites, ensure that our software is configured to work with the client's environment, and work with our internal and the client's technical support staff as needed.
- Training: Train internals and clients in the use of our content and platform, ensuring that their specific data and application needs are addressed and that external clients receive maximum value from their use of these products, increasing the likelihood that they will retain their SPGMI subscription in future years.
- Revenue Growth and Retention: Develops and implements improvement initiatives and standardizes strategies to improve sales revenues and retention. Incumbent's team is responsible for expanding use of our datafeed solutions within the department that purchased the product and across the company, as well as gathering intelligence and communicating this internally to identify opportunities to contribute to revenue retention and growth. Leads complex negotiations of client workflow solutions.
- Product Development: Provide feedback on existing products and participate in the development process of new products. Suggest applications that could enhance the usefulness and value of SPGMI feed products based on your team's experience with supporting accounts.
- Eye on competition: Develop information sources on clients, competitors, and prospects, and follow call program standards. Identify trends in the industry.
- Customer Experience: Ensuring that the regional Enterprise Product Specialist team serves as a primary contact, and thus primary information source, between SPGMI and its datafeed clients. The latter role is responsible for obtaining and organizing information about their applications and content needs, technical environment, developing client contacts, assessing the potential for additional sales in the various accounts, and keeping records of installation and support activities to ensure that a knowledgebase of success/shortfall is maintained and shared with other staff members as a resource for future activities. Their activities should be sales-oriented in the sense that the Enterprise Product Specialist is the point person for client contact, communicating with the client on a regular basis and having the opportunity to assess the client's personnel, application, technology and future needs.
- Sales Support: Ensures the alignment of team efforts to sales strategy. The team serves as a primary regional information source for clients about what is available (or may be planned) from SPGMI and how it might fit their needs. Works with Sales to help qualify and understand the needs of prospective clients, and to help identify solutions that may involve feeds or a combination alongside other delivery platforms.
- Cross Collaboration: Oversees collaboration with commercial, product and other functional partners. Aligns with commercial strategy and helps team execute high level strategic pre-sales and post-sales implementation plans. Establishes relationships with sales reps, relationship managers, product managers and commercial directors to diagnose, design and deliver datafeeed solutions for more complex clients.
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Talent Development: Enhance staff effectiveness by hiring talented individuals, developing existing staff members, and ensuring that an instructive environment exists to enhance and improve critical skills and dimensions while leveraging current core competencies throughout SPGMI.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- An undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics, or Business. IMC qualification and/or a CFA designation is helpful.
- Familiarity with industry-leading financial data and delivery platforms (e.g., Compustat, Capital IQ, SNL, ClariFI) or familiarity with relational databases.
- Experience working with financial data feeds.
- A strong understanding of fundamental data and financial investment concepts is necessary.
- Prior experience with SQL or a major programming language.
- Familiarity with RDBMS configuration and/or administration (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres)
- Formal training and/or experience in personal computer diagnostics, hardware/software problem-solving techniques (in both local & network environments), and support processes.
- Superb communication, training and presentation skills.
- Fluent in verbal and written English; Asian languages are a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Prior experience leading a team preferred.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 to $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. EOE Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: [email protected]
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
260524 Posted On:
Centennial, Colorado, United States