About the Role
Nothing Exceptional Was Ever Normal. We’re the world’s fastest-growing cybersecurity company dedicated to making the cloud a safer place for business and our Major Accounts team are critical to continued success in 2024. As a Major Account Executive you are the spearhead of Abnormal Security relationships in approximately 20 accounts. You are responsible for all transactions within that account and help quarterback the sales ecosystem to support the customer’s success. Critical to this role’s success is the following experience and skills:
- Enterprise Account Hunter: Demonstrated 5+ years of direct (vs. overlay) enterprise sales experience prospecting and closing Fortune / Global 500 enterprise accounts
- Proven track record of success closing new Major Account Logos, while also cross selling/ upselling and growing the existing customer account
- Skill in negotiating with large organizations and closing complex sales.
- Proven performer with consistent over quota performance and/or top 5% of sales org
- Technically competent: Conversant in key areas: security, email, cloud, AI, etc.
- Cyber-security Software sales: Experience selling subscription software/SaaS to CISOs and security personnel
- Start-up experience: Success at a company that was early stage, underdog or was a new entrant with large competitors or similar (limited resources-build territory including: channel, tech partners, initial customer wins, etc.)
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
In this job, you will bring these skills
- Ability to hunt: disciplined approach to early pipeline development. Comfortable and have demonstrated ability to prospect into the region's largest enterprise accounts with the ability to leverage/ balance five pillars of demand generation: AE prospecting, SDR, Marketing, Channel and Customer referrals.
- Good qualifier: Ability to uncover / discover customer problems pains
- Good presenter: ability to present and demonstrate value based off customer pain points.
- Disciplined in sales methodology / time management : Ability to systematically execute a disciplined sales process that can be repeated in parallel without sacrificing quality
- Discipline in data integrity: Ability to continually maintain data accuracy and consistency for all accounts & opportunities.
- Ability to develop and present a business case to a customer showing high ROI across different dimensions to multiple stakeholdersAbility to extract, document and organize lessons, knowledge and information about customersAbility to close and maximize the ARR of major accounts.
- Ability to guide internal stakeholders through their own internal buying processes
- Grit; ability to find success in an early-stage environment without all the resources/teams available to much larger organizations
- Good understanding of how to leverage other departments including Sales Engineering, Marketing, BDRs, Product and Customer Success.
- Sell Abnormal security solutions to ~ 20 Major Accounts (F500/ Global 500) within your defined territory with the goal to overachieve new annual recurring revenue quota
- Work Major Enterprise Accounts from initial conversations through signing a contract and up-selling once they’re a customer.
- Prospect and generate new business opportunities within Major Accounts to supply enough pipeline for them to hit sales targets.
- Work with Customer success to ensure a timely renewal and expansion sale opportunities
- Continually document results and maintain accurate data across all sales systems (Salesforce, Highspot, Close Plan)
- Be a voice for the customer/prospect with internal teams including Sales Engineering/POV team, Product and Marketing to ensure appropriate prioritization to close more revenue.