Our financial services client is seeking Contract-to-Hire Loan Modification Underwriters to analyze and evaluate documentation received from Correspondent Customers to clear underwriting conditions. Ideal candidates will be well versed in underwriting loan modifications for FHA and VA loans.
Logistics: Due to current COVID-19 conditions the engagement will initially start remotely. All interested candidates must be local to the Fort Worth and Plano, TX area, open to working from home, and when appropriate and deemed safe, onsite. ***
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all gathered documentation aligns with established underwriting guidelines.
- Review, analyze and assess the serviceability and marketability of loans reviewed.
- Identify, address, and escalate (when appropriate) all potential fraud and all flagged items.
- Submit required information into underwriting system, make certain all date is complete and accurate.
- Revise underwriting terms and communicate any clauses in a well-defined concise manner.
- Experience serving within the Financial Services sector is required, the mortgage industry is preferred.
- In-depth hands-on knowledge/expertise of mortgage underwriting terms, conventional conforming/high balances, FHA, and VA guidelines, automated underwriting systems, state, and federal mortgage regulations.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills with the ability to interface with executive management are required.
- Ability to improve efficiency by handling time workload, as well as a team player and/or working independently in a dynamic, constantly changing environment, while balancing multiple priorities, while maintaining strong attention to detail, and delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive data and information.
- Systems: Automated underwriting systems, and Microsoft Office Applications, including intermediate to advanced Excel and Word skills, are required.
SolomonEdwards an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status.