Did you know that Zions Bancorporation is one of the nation's premier financial services companies with total assets exceeding $70 billion? With local management teams at the helm in 11 western states, Zions is dedicated to making a difference in their local communities. At Zions, we haven't forgotten who keeps us in business, meaning we're committed to the success of our customers, and our employees. Here, the possibilities are endless - come for a job, stay for a career. This position is eligible for remote/hybrid work schedule. The ideal candidate will reside within the footprint of Zions Bancorporation (UT, TX, AZ, CA, NV, IT, OR, WA).
Our goal is to be a premier business banking lender and best in class in the industry. We have been the top SBA lender in the state of Utah for the past 24 years and business banking is an important part of our company.
A Loan Closer at the Business Banking Loan Center (BBLC) has the opportunity to directly impact our ability to meet the financial needs of our customers. Loan Closer's own the processes between an approval of a small business loan, until ready for closing documents. During this phase which is considered the Due Diligence phase of a loan, the loan closer is responsible for creating an amazing client experience through accurately consistently and efficiently performing all job functions.Functions include:
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with all parties necessary to satisfy loan closing requirements, which may include:
- Title companies, Insurance agencies, Appraisal/Environmental Teams, Relationship Managers and Borrowers directly.
- Understand what is required based on use of proceeds and collateral, for example ordering appropriate appraisals, valuations, performing UCC searches and reviewing entity documents etc.
- Must be able to work through multiple loans at various stages in the process and keep communication lines open.
- Clearly communicate expectations and meet critical timeframes to adhere to service level agreements while maintaining accuracy.
- Multi-tasking and prioritizing critical steps in the loan closing process is essential.
- Engage with leadership and team members to ensure continual improvement and best in class experience.
- Perform job functions with an above and beyond approach.
- Utilize professional communication skills while working directly with customer of the bank.
- Problem resolution and execution of expectations.
- Be accountable to meet expectations through organizing and prioritizing duties.
- SBA experience preferred.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires a High School degree or Equivalent and 2+ years of loan processing, closing or other directly related experience.
- A combination of education and experience may meet requirements.
- Proficient knowledge of loan closing processes and procedures, lending compliance and regulations, loan systems and loan documentation.
- Must be accurate, detail oriented and have ability to multi-task.
- Must have good problem resolution, audit, customer service (direct customer contact) and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of loan principles and loan systems.
- Solid computer skills including various word processing and spreadsheet software.