Job Description - Linux Engineer - Remote Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to a global Unix/Linux team while maintaining Technology, Security and Control Standards.
- Comfortability working within legacy applications (UNIX, AIX, CentOS) and using cutting edge tools to drive automation and change within environment (Python, Ansible, etc.)
- Seek out continual improvements with current automation for long term support.
- Ability to analyze, determine root cause and resolve extensive range of complicated problems.
- Follow-up and coordinate changes involving hardware, software, networking and applications.
- Provision, configure and monitor servers via Foreman. Publish and promote content views.
- Work with other systems engineers to define solutions that will best satisfy the business need.
- Configure and support Foreman for Package management of Unix/Linux Systems.
- Determine solutions for recurring and/or complex issues.
- Work on new environment deployments, datacenter server consolidation, site decommission which includes server migration and virtualization of current environment.
- Computer Science, Engineering, or Equivalent Degree
- Strong understanding of RedHat Linux and Unix
- Strong understanding of SALT stack
- Proficient experience with scripting and automation with tools like Python, Ansible and Salt.
- Understanding of CI/CD
- Utilize GitLab for version control and storage of scripts/code and documentation.
- Extensive experience in open systems server hardware and software installation, configuration, troubleshooting, problem resolution and root cause analysis.
- Great understanding of system log analysis, tcpdump, network traces and Wireshark review, etc.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Understanding of other domains such as network, virtualization, storage, middleware, backup etc.
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices (Incident, change, and problem management).
- Strong expertise with production and application support in mixed environments.
- Familiar with system monitoring and telemetry. Ability to validate the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, including reviewing system and application logs, and monitoring capacities.
- provided by Dice