Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews left by other candidates and our employees on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule*.*
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Lifecycle Specialist - Contracts Management, joining our Employee Lifecycle team.
The Specialist, Lifecycle - Contracts Management will ensure that all contract related activities for Remote’s external employees and clients are performed with focus on legal compliance and superior employee experience without compromising on speed.
You will be reporting to Employee Lifecycle Manager.
- Oversee and resolve end-to-end employee lifecycle events across 80+ international jurisdictions, emphasizing an exceptional employment experience for Remote’s clients and their employees.
- Manage all modifications to Employment Agreements for both internal and external employees of Remote including but not limited to issuance of Employment agreement amendments, Employment documents, Letters and Employment Forms as necessary in the capacity of Remote’s global HR team.
- Collaborate with and coordinate various internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance in employee lifecycle activities, including but not limited to payroll, legal counsel, government bodies, and trade unions.
- Assist Senior Specialists to manage critical initiatives that impact numerous employees across multiple countries and support HR and financial audits to ensure compliance with local employment regulations.
- Develop and update global internal documentation pertaining to Contracts Management, based on legislative changes, referenced by all internal teams. Proactively address internal and external inquiries on all employment matters in collaboration with Lifecycle’s internal stakeholders.
- As a Specialist, provide sound guidance and manage clients' requests on various HR matters acting as a trusted consultant to clients and employees.
- Draft, tailor and administer all employee lifecycle documents with accuracy and attention to detail, ensuring employee records are maintained with strict adherence to privacy and confidentiality regulations.
- Process employee lifecycle events on Remote’s internal HRIS platform, collaborating with various internal stakeholders, such as Customer Success, Legal, Payroll, Benefits, Offboarding, Time and Attendance amongst other verticals, to ensure all aspects of the employee lifecycle pertaining to the employment terms are administered correctly and promptly.
- Actively identify opportunities for and contribute to process improvements, automation, product development and overall customer and employee experience through the employee lifecycle process.
- Safely manage and maintain employee data and confidential information, adhering to established protocols, and ensuring utmost professionalism and discretion in handling and accessing such information
Key Requirements & Characteristics
- Possess a minimum of 5 years experience as an HR Advisor, HR Operations, or HR Business Partner, with generalist HR competencies and exposure across the employee lifecycle.
- Demonstrate proven experience with a strong background in managing employee lifecycle events with care, sensitivity and legal compliance; and providing comprehensive HR support and guidance on employment laws and regulations, spanning various jurisdictions.
- Exhibit the ability to interpret and apply industrial instruments, analyze complex HR issues, undertake research, provide practical solutions and effectively communicate recommendations to clients and internal stakeholders when operating in ambiguous and unfamiliar environments.
- Display excellent communication, influencing, conflict management, and negotiation skills, with the ability to confidently lead difficult conversations to a positive outcome, often where parties have conflicting interests, maintaining professionalism and strict confidentiality.
- Possess advanced proficiency in written and spoken English at a business level, with additional languages considered a plus.
- Show an an aptitude and enthusiasm for innovating and optimizing processes, consistently identifying and implementing opportunities for automation and promoting best practices.
- Demonstrate efficiency in operations, with an awareness of the importance of thorough record-keeping and data integrity.
- Be Tech-savvy, with the ability to successfully collaborate asynchronously on various tools, and adapt to new and evolving systems.
- Capable of working independently and cohesively in an international team in a fast-paced, asynchronous, remote environment with multiple priorities. Willingness to work flexible hours as needed.
- Proactive and self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Exhibit a keen interest in documentation and asynchronous working.
- Familiar with communication, documentation, and project management tools such as Notion, Slack, Zendesk and G-suite.
- Experience working in a remote setting, hyper-growth start-up culture is a plus.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
At first glance our salary bands seem quite wide - here is some context. At Remote we have international operations and a globally distributed workforce. We use geo ranges to consider geographic pay differentials as part of our global compensation strategy to remain competitive in various markets while we hiring globally.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $23350 - $78850. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You'll report to: Manager, Contract management, Lifecycle
- Team: Lifecycle Operations
- Location: EMEA / AMERICAS / APAC
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- (async) Small challenge
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with executive
- Employment verification check
- (async) Offer