Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Life Actuary to join the assumption development team working from the San Antonio Home Office or remote work environment. This team owns the development and performance monitoring of various assumption models across multiple product lines. Within this role, it will be expected that the Life Actuary will assist in the development of any new models associated with new product launches while also owning the re-validation process for one of our more complex models. Outside model development, the Life Actuary will support a collaborative environment as we continue to develop our ongoing monitoring process and begin our Long Duration Targeted Improvements (LDTI) journey.
This role coordinates, prepares and performs actuarial analyses required to develop new products, project future results, reprice existing products, and/or determine financial strength. Performs complex work assignments and problem resolution under limited supervision.Job RequirementsAbout USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)Primary Responsibilities:
- Under minimal supervision, performs complex work assignments utilizing actuarial modeling software driven models for pricing, valuation, and/or risk management.
- Enters data and tables, runs models, and generates reports.
- May make adjustments and improvements to models, when appropriate.
- Shares knowledge with team members and serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues and navigates obstacles to deliver work product.
- Serves as a key resource on projects involving cross functional actuarial areas.
- Leads moderately complex projects through concept, planning, execution, and implementation phases with minimal guidance.
- Reviews and produces reporting with great attention to detail.
- Identifies and resolves reporting problems independently and improves reporting processes and controls.
- Maintains proper price level, price structure, data availability and other requirements to achieve profitability and competitive goals.
- Identifies critical experience areas to monitor and suggest timely remedies to correct or prevent unfavorable trends.
- Identifies sources of gain and loss by product and assumption.
- Tests impact of assumptions and the appropriate premiums, interest margins, reserves, and cash values for profitability and viability of new and existing products.
- Advises management on issues and serves as a primary resource for cross functional team members on escalated issues.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree (Total of 8 Years).
- 4 or more years relevant business or analytical experience.
- Attainment of Society of Actuaries Fellowship OR ASA with 4 or more years of experience.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.Preferred Experience:
- FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries) Designation
- 6 or more years of actuarial experience
- Experience developing assumptions for Life, Annuity, and/or health Products
- Experience developing ongoing monitoring programs to measure model performance
- Intermediate programming skills in one or more of the following: Python, R, VBA, etc.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation:
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 - $175,000* (this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. *Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average. Shift premium:
will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.USAA Total RewardsRelocation
assistance is Not Available
for this position.