Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
In this role, you will report to the Associate General Counsel, Employment and be a key member of the Employment team within the Ansys Legal Department's Global Ethics, Compliance & Risk team. The Employment team provides legal counsel primarily to the Human Resources Department, but also to all other business groups, on legal issues related to all aspects of employment. We are a key partner to the Company in executing its human capital management strategy.
Your primary responsibilities will involve the provision of legal support on executive compensation and employee benefits matters, as well as a wide variety of general employment law matters. Some aspects of the role responsibilities are global in nature, while others relate specifically to the United States. The role will be located at Ansys' headquarters in Canonsburg, PA or remotely from any location within the continental United States.
* Provide practical legal counsel to Human Resources and interface with outside counsel with regard to day-to-day compensation and benefits issues, including:
* Ansys' stock plan, employee stock purchase plan, sales commission plans, and required public company disclosure issues
* Ansys' 401(k) plan (including fiduciary guidance to its retirement committee), health savings accounts and health and welfare programs
* Development and updates of policies, plan documentation and communications relating to Ansys' compensation and employee health and welfare plans and programs and related initiatives
* Negotiation and documentation of employment, retention and separation agreements and restrictive covenants of varying complexity
* Provide practical legal counsel to Human Resources and business units and interface with outside counsel with regard to day-to-day general employment law matters, including:
* Advise on harassment, discrimination, retaliation and other workplace investigations
* Counsel internal clients on various employment matters, including reasonable accommodations, leaves of absence, fair pay, and wage and hour issues
* Respond to claims and demand letters
* Research and advise on legislative trends in harassment prevention and other areas
* Work with Human Resources to enhance training programs
* Provide thought leadership and support for diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives; and develop, revise and implement related policies and training solutions and stay atop of industry developments to help Ansys be best in class
* Provide legal counsel and support with HR-related elements of strategic transactions / acquisitions, including:
* Due diligence, especially with regard to employee benefits, compensation plans and other qualified and non-qualified plan issues
* Negotiation / drafting of employment-related reps and covenants in M&A deals
* Interface with outside M&A and employment counsel on M&A transactions; and pre / post-close implementation
* Juris Doctor (JD) degree from a U.S. accredited law school required
* Member in good standing of at least one state bar association
* 3 - 7+ years' experience in executive compensation and employee benefits subject areas, with preference given to executive compensation experience with a public company
* 3 - 7+ years' experience in risk mitigation related to key employee-life cycle events (hiring, retention and terminations)
* Some experience with M&A and corporate transactions
* Mix of law firm and in-house experience strongly preferred
* Ability to spot and analyze complex issues and devise practical strategies and solutions
* Strong communication skills (oral and written), with both legal and non-legal professionals and comfort working in a role requiring utmost discretion and confidentiality
* Strong drafting and negotiating skills
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple complex projects simultaneously
* Is flexible and adaptable - demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced working environment and work diplomatically and tactfully with others
* An inclusive individual who thrives in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
* Customer focus
* Results and Accountability
* Transparency and Integrity
* Sense of urgency
* Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished". It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Nearest Major Market: Pittsburgh
Apply now "