We are looking for a motivated attorney who can play a key role in negotiating commercial agreements to successfully meet the Splunk sales growth selling to government customers. You will support sales, customer success, and partner teams with a focus on reducing contract and transaction cycle time, crafting playbooks, and providing training to business clients. This role will report to Splunk's Legal Director for the Public Sector.
Join us as we pursue our ground-breaking new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, and having fun. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!Personal Characteristics:
To succeed, the role requires you to be diligent and dedicated; possess excellent business judgment and critical thinking; have the ability to perform cross-functionally and flexibly in a collaborative team environment; know how to prioritize and drive multiple initiatives independently and in a timely manner; possess strong persuasion and collaboration skills and excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills; be self-motivated, self-reliant, and confident; and have a good sense of humor and the ability to adapt to a dynamic and exciting environment.Responsibilities:
- Act as the legal contact for Splunk's activities in the Public Sector sales theater and support other sales theaters as needed;
- Build strong internal and external relationships while balancing the needs in Splunk's Public Sector sales theater with Splunk's global strategy and priorities;
- Provide deep knowledge of relevant aspects of federal, state and local, U.S. and Canadian laws concerning government contracting, data privacy/governance, and cybersecurity;
- Negotiate outbound software license, sales channel and strategic alliance sales, cloud service, system integrator contracts;
- Anticipate changes to relevant laws impacting Splunk's public sector activities and its customers;
- Support the shaping of complex transactions, including developing strategic relationships;
- Provide improvement of standard form agreements, playbooks, contract templates, and legal processes;
- Effectively advise, educate and train on and assist in the enforcement of Splunk's policies and compliance programs;
- Implement pivotal projects that advance Splunk's business including Splunk's priorities and initiatives; and
- Perform other legal responsibilities as requested
- Law degree with excellent academic credentials
- At least 6 years of in-depth experience in federal, state and local government contracting and software licensing;
- Experience with SaaS and partner sales transactions strongly preferred;
- In-house experience, particularly in the legal department of a US listed company preferred
- Deep substantive transaction experience with complex contract and/or licensing agreements, working with two-tier sales partners and experience working in fast-paced technology-driven companies are required
- Deep experience in FAR/DFARs, Government Wide Acquisition Contracts (GSA, SEWP, etc.), compliance, data security, privacy, and intellectual property matters, and experience with data protection laws required
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!