Six month + consulting position - NYC or Long Island. Can be remote or hybrid
Our client, a global law firm headquartered in New York City, is seeking a hands-on Legal Applications Technical Team Lead consultant who will be responsible for the technical direction and implementation of business and legal systems as well as database-related projects and data integrations. This position will work closely with other members of the Applications and IT team to deliver high quality systems, integration packages and applications for the firm. The position will be responsible for leading and implementing technical projects related to business and legal applications and systems which includes application deployments, upgrades and integrations. Must be able to lead a team of technologists, organize and coordinate responsibilities and mentor others. Role will include interfacing with business groups and departments as well as IT, following internal policies and procedures and requirements. Position requires a self-starter who will take initiative to organize, streamline and take ownership of key business and legal systems environment while being a resource and lead to others.
- Perform application installations, upgrades, tuning, integrations and documentation following department standards and procedures.
- Perform and lead technical resources work on projects, including interaction with vendors, assessment of proposed technical solutions, and understanding of how those solutions impact the greater project and other initiatives, and oversight of other technologists and contractors.
- Interface with the department heads, as well as users. Provide overall guidance to vendors on application and systems implementation and upgrades.
- Focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the project work.
- Establish and maintain good communications and coordination among IT, project managers and business departments as well as vendors and end users.
- Create technical reference documents, support documentation, test scripts
- Design, develop and implement systems integration solutions as needed utilizing in-house technology resources.
- Translate business requirements into specific technical designs
- Follow standard design, development, testing and implementation phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Write and present specifications and implementation document
- Work with multiple teams to develop new systems and expand functionality to existing applications
- Work with other members in a collaborative development environment, providing assistance, technical guidance and mentorship.
- Strong SQL skills are required in all facets including, but not limited to, the database engine, integration services, reporting services (SSRS/SSIS), analysis services, SQL agent and external system integrations.
- Knowledge of business and legal applications/systems such as conflict systems, document management systems, marketing systems, contact relationship management systems, HR systems, record management systems, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of platforms such as Intapp, Workday or cloud applications with on premises integration, Sharepoint Online, Azure, PowerApps, Biztalk, etc a plus.
- Experience with developing Stored Procedures, complex SQL queries, and ability to analyze SQL data.
- Prior experience designing and developing Business Intelligence (BI) reports for complex business data sets using BI tools (PowerBI, SSRS, Tableau etc.) is desirable. Experience with Web technologies such as HTML, XML, SOAP, XSLT, JSON. Experience with scripting languages.
- Client-focused attitude with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate and share solutions with fellow team members.
- Ability to lead complex systems integrations design and implementations.
- Team player and a quick learner, able to easily adjust to new project requirements.
- Ability to initiate and perform changes on business and legal systems and proactively escalate issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Knowledge of encryption & secure communication methodologies and advanced user authentication.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline is desired.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in working in IT systems.
- Must have 2+ years tech lead experience
- Prior experience in the legal industry is a plus. Other Miscellaneous
- Flexibility to work outside standard business hours as needed
- provided by Dice