Committed to the growth of our clients, Orion First appreciates the importance of its own team development. Orion's culture is built around empowering each employee to channel their drive and exercise his or her own judgment, care, and leadership. Our employees are continually leading our industry forward through active roles throughout the industry association's various councils and committees. We work hard to provide motivated and talented individuals an opportunity to achieve their career goals. We cultivate employees that express an earnest desire to learn and grow within the organization, filling new roles as they gain experience. We are always seeking to connect with driven individuals, because we know our growth and success is the result of talented, focused, and persistent hard work.
In addition to a salary that is competitive for both the industry and the region, Orion First offers the following benefits and perquisites:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Time Off
- WFH Benefit
- And More!
Assist with collections legal matters and department admin duties that will minimize client delinquent and defaulted contracts thereby reduce charge offs by mitigating losses and maximizing recoveries. All while using good judgement and sound recommendations.
VP of Commercial Collections.
Legal, Advanced Collections
- Responsible to communicate and make recommendations to Clients on accounts that involve Bankruptcy and/or collection litigation matters.
- Collaborates with the collector responsible for the account on all bankruptcy matters by reviewing contract to advise collector of right party contact during bankruptcy.
- Prepares and maintains an archive of Forbearance Agreements for use in collections workouts.
- Assists and prepares Payoff/Balance Breakdown sheets for commercial litigation and Bankruptcy matters.
- Maintains ongoing legal and law firm contact list
- Assists/Prepares documentation for Commercial Litigation and Bankruptcy matters
- Assists with case management to ensure legal and bankruptcy actions are timely filed and appropriately monitored.
- Conducts Bankruptcy Inquiries via PACER system.
- Documents detailed status of collection efforts, account strategies and expenses in System of Record. Maintains organized paper and electronic correspondence files in company shared folder allowing quick and easy access to information for management and co-workers.
- Assist Management with training of Collectors
- Prepare Ad Hoc collection reports for client portfolio reviews and other purposes.
- Assist with mild accounting functions that relate application of cash recoveries
- Assists with Month End functions, related to Nonaccrual and Charge off on contracts.
- Responsible for entering and ensuring collection expenses are accurate and properly approved ready for Account Payable for payment. Includes but not limited to, collections and legal expenses.
- Keeps management informed of the latest, notable developments relating to assigned daily work files and activities.
- Ensures compliance with all internal policies and procedures.
- Upholds Orion's Company Culture, Purpose, and Mission.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma required.
- 5 years' Experience in an accelerated collections position or 5 years of General law in Commercial or Consumer Litigation required; College credit may supplement for up to two years of experience
- Proven communication skills
- Knowledge of the FTC. Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
- Proven collections skills and knowledge of standard collection practices
- Skill in the use of various software applications including but not limited to MS word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe
- Experience in working with attorneys in successful collections litigation environment
- Ability to prioritize and organize work efficiently
- Identify and make recommendations to implement improved processes
- Good oral and written skills with the ability to influence and attain closure on collections issues
- Able to manage multiple priorities, act decisively in all problem resolution areas and perform under pressure.
Certified Legal or Paralegal Certificate preferred