*This role will be remote on the West Coast, preferably in the Los Angeles, Phoenix, or Denver areas.
The role of the Lease Manager position is to oversee and maximize efficiency of real estate negotiation initiatives for JD Finish Line in the Western region of the USA. This individual will effectively exhibit JD Finish Line's core values of Customer, People, Winning, Community, and Financial Responsibility in everything they do by performing the following main duties:
- Negotiates contracts with landlords to ensure real estate costs are controlled, in line with real estate strategy.
- Manages financial oversight of existing and new store leases, occupancy, opt-out clauses, and store performance metrics related to lease agreements.
- Executes organizational leasing strategy, including overseeing budgets, forecasts, lease analysis and approvals.
- Supports new business initiatives, as pertaining to Real Estate.
- Researches and evaluates possible savings opportunities - makes decisions on which opportunities to pursue based on potential savings and resources needed.
- Leads process suggestions/improvements in order to increase efficiencies in day-to-day operation both departmentally and cross-functionally.
- Manages entire lease project life cycle for assigned properties/regions
- Maintains relationships with key accounts to grow business and enhance bottom line results.
- Researches and identifies new locations for JD stores including malls, street-side, flagships, power/strip centers, and other viable locations.
- Visits and evaluates existing and new store locations.
- Coordinates with the Site Research team to identify and evaluate store locations.
- Gives clear and concise direction to outside vendors, architects and contractors.
- Additional duties and projects as required.
Required Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and at least 5 - 7 years of applicable experience in real estate/commercial leasing negotiations; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Internal JD Finish Line experience is a plus.
Required Computer and/or Technical Skills
Should have basic to intermediate knowledge and abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel and other Office or Google Suite programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit for more than 6 hours per shift
- Use hands to finger, handle and feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk and/or hear
- Stand for up to 2 hours at a time periodically
- Walk or move from one location to another
- Occasionally may need to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds regularly and up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Punctuality and regular attendance consistent with the company's policies are required for the position
- Average work week is (40-50) hours, which can vary depending on business need.
- Work environment for this position is a moderately noisy office setting.
- Up to 40 - 50% travel, by land or air, may be required.
The company reserves the right to modify this job description with or without notice. Employees may be asked to perform additional duties outside of normal job scope on a temporary basis per the company policy. This role will pay approximately $80,000-$100,000 with a 15% bonus target annually but may vary based on experience level. This role will be eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401k, sick leave, parental leave, and company paid time off plan.