At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
In Firm Analytics Consulting we partner with senior leaders to unleash the full potential of our firm's data assets. We create client, branch and firm value by empowering decision making through insights and innovative analytics that help advance enterprise outcomes.
At Edward Jones our purpose is to partner for positive impact-to improve the lives of our clients and colleagues, and together, better our communities and society.
The Lead Strategy Consultant uses business acumen to partner with firm senior leaders to integrate analytics into business decisions, support the increased use of data-driven decision making, and execute best in class analytics within their areas of focus.
Lead Strategy Consultant
Drive and influence transformational change in our Firm's analytics strategy through applying consultative knowledge of current and future firm data structure with knowledge of statistical concepts and analytic techniques, including descriptive statistics, forecasting, economic modeling, various regression techniques, machine learning techniques, exploratory analysis, and variance analysis.
* Inclusion of analytics into firm processes that improve the client and/or branch experience
* Provide strategic consulting for the Firm, influencing and supporting enterprise level decision-making, through superior thought leadership and professional expertise.
* Expected to make strategic connections between firm level priorities to ensure continued alignment amidst dynamic sequencing and iterative outcomes. Ensuring best use of consultant and FAN resources and ease of integration for business leaders
* Use systems thinking to proactively identify, thoroughly analyze and solve high impact and/or complexity problems and reach independent decisions.
* Conceptualize analytical deliverables and determine analytical approach(es) that are innovative, forward thinking, and aligned to future analytics and technology vision of the firm
* Partner with executive leaders to drive and influence the highest and best use of analytics to integrate into Firm strategy and business decisions.
* Develop and manage strategic relationships with Program Leaders, Business Segment Leaders and Leadership Forum members across the firm who are leading the Firm's transformation
* Drive for implementation of solutions by partnering with key stakeholders from across the firm to ensure analytics projects are successfully implemented by business areas. Proactively identifies clear integration path before beginning work.
* Help key stakeholders understand the trade-offs between various approaches and make recommendations based on well-developed point of view.
* Work effectively in a matrixed analytics organization. Identify, direct and coordinate resources (people, systems, tools) not in your chain of command. Independently manage prioritization of work execution.
* Lead cross-functional teams responsible for implementing projects in support firm-wide business objectives.
* Develop systems of measures that span levels of the organization to influence strategic direction.
* Educate senior leaders & executives across the firm on analytical concepts and best practices, increasing firm and sr. leader analytic acumen.
* Leads others through change
* Bachelor's Degree and preferred Advanced Degree in Business, Economics, Data Science or Analytics. Relevant work experience will be considered.
* MBA or advanced degree is preferred
* 9+ years in Consulting and/or business development experience is required.
* Financial Services industry experience is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
* Possess functional subject matter expertise on the application of data and analytics across a wide range of areas including product, client, marketing, compliance, branch, etc.
* Intermediate understanding of advanced analytic techniques and business intelligence tools is required, with demonstrated ability to develop advanced understanding.
* Advanced ability to uncover a wide spectrum of business question(s) with potential for analytic solutions, make clear and concise recommendations up to the senior executive level, as well as plan/engage appropriate resources across the firm.
* Demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts, appropriately communicating the information to both technical and non-technical audiences, up to the senior executive level.
* Exceptional communication and presentation/story-telling skills that complement strong interpersonal skills to create action and drive decision-making.
* Ability to research industry/field best practices.
* Ability to lead and influence without direct authority.
* Mentor and develop the capabilities of associates on the team (e.g. business acumen, navigating and influencing the organization, storytelling, analytic solution development, solution integration). No formal people leadership responsibilities but provide input on team's associate performance reviews and development plans.
* Advanced ability to identify critical tasks, sequence work, prioritize, identify dependencies and decisions needed to achieve an end deliverable. Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple tasks/projects and independently adjust to changing priorities.
* FORTUNE 2020 - Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
* From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
* Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
* 2020 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
* Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list - the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
* Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
* The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified™ organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firm's 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $105753 - $180067
Analytics and Insights