GEICO'S - Data Movement team of Data, Security & Infrastructure (DSI) department is seeking a highly motivated Lead Software Engineer to start or continue an IT career at GEICO on the GEICO Data Hub Telematics Project. We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer who will be building, Scaling ELT/ETL pipelines and will be working on Telematics Data with large volume. Candidate will be responsible for delivering the vision and strategy for modern data, analytics, and artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) to provide an end-to-end ecosystem for data storage, ingestion, transformation, analytics, and AI/ML. We are an agile team that builds complex solutions, and you will be working on next generation of platform. Under general supervision, LEADS engineering staff with development of Data software applications. As a subject matter expert, MENTORS and LEADS engineering teams and team members in software delivery within Data in an Agile environment.
- Provides leadership to engineering teams UTILIZING Data and related technologies.
- Owns complete solution across entire life cycle while UTILIZING strong problem-solving ability.
- Influences and builds vision with product managers, team members, customers, and other engineering teams to SOLVE complex problems for building enterprise class business applications.
- Holds accountability for the quality, usability, and performance of the solutions.
- Leads design sessions and code reviews to elevate the quality of engineering across the organization.
- Utilizes programming languages / databases (.NET, SQL, nosql), Container Orchestration services (Docker and Kubernetes), and a variety of Azure tools and services across the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Executes Software delivery UTILIZING an Agile environment (Scrum/Kanban/SAFe) for continuous delivery, Infrastructure as code, Powershell scripting, Operation Portals (e.g., Azure Portal) and Monitoring Portals (e.g., Splunk and Application Insights).
- Mentors junior team members in Data and related technology.
- Shares best practices and IMPROVES processes within and across teams.
- Adheres to GEICO Code of Conduct, company policies, and operating principles.
- Meets attendance standard at business location to perform necessary job functions and to facilitate interaction with management and co-workers.
Must have the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- 5+ years of experience in data software development, using data technologies such as Relational & NoSQL databases, open data formats, and programming languages such as Python, Scala, and/or other frameworks, building data pipelines (ETL and ELT) with batch or streaming ingestion, loading and transforming data, and developing with big data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, and MapReduce
- 3+ years of experience designing and building for data quality assurance, reliability, availability and scalability, on existing and new data applications
- 3+ years of experience Cloud DevOps Concepts, Cloud Services and Architecture, and Azure/AWS/GCP DevOps Operational Framework
- 2+ years of experience in designing and building solutions for data security, data quality and observability, metadata management, data lineage, and data discovery
- 2+ years of experience building data software in microservices-oriented architecture and extensible REST APIs
- 2+ years of experience in open-source frameworks
- At least 2 years' experience with Databricks, ADF and Event Hub.
- Proficient on Delta live, Delta Lake
- Experience with building self-healing capabilities within the pipeline.
- Experience with Fail gracefully process and recover pipelines with no manual intervention.
24/7 On-call support on a rotational basis
- Working Knowledge on telematics data is a plus
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO's competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
Coverage begins on the date of hire. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.