Bitcoin Depot is seeking a Lead Engineer to be highly detail oriented, write high quality code, review code of engineers, and be responsible for shipping code. Spend 50% of your time coding, and the rest of your time guiding other engineers to write code.
Bitcoin Depot is the largest multi-cryptocurrency ATM Network in the world offering the ability to buy and sell Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum instantly at over a thousand locations. Our mission is to provide the most secure, convenient, and fastest cryptocurrency transaction. Our vision is to bring the cryptocurrency market to the masses.
- Work within the paradigm of Agile or Waterfall implementations and align with the project methods and practices for software development.
- Document software design, specs and process steps as per the business requirements, develop software code using best practices, test code under difference data scenarios, validate and perform migrations the code
- Proposes & designs software solutions to address complex business needs. Prepares technical and procedural documentation required.
- Facilitates complex problem resolution.
- Provides technical guidance and support to colleagues. Reviews coding, testing, and documentation of software.
- Applies modern principles, methodologies and tools to advance business initiatives and capabilities.
- Set the bar for code quality for the engineering team, and crack the hard problems.
- Optimize inventory systems for cost savings
- Deploy and integrate a new product with a selected vendor that you will learn more about once on the team!
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent field
- 5 years of hands on software development experience plus 3 years of management of softwarware development teams
- 3 years project management experience
- Full stack experience work with databases, servers, systems engineering, and business and client analysis
- Expertise in Java/JVM software tools/technologies, common back-end languages (perl, Python, PHP, etc.), mobile development (Swift, C#) and databases (MySQL, SQLServer, MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.) AWS Infrastructure.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong team building skills and ability to motivate others
- Team player mindset and willingness to collaborate
- Competitive Salary
- 401K Matching
- Generous PTO
- Health Benefits offered with company contribution towards premiums
- Wellness benefits
- Casual dress environment when in office
- Monthly company celebrations
- Advancement opportunities based on results
- Weekly catered lunches with first in line positioning for Taco Tuesdays
- Premium coffee and tea provided by Buckhead Beans
- Sit-Stand Desks in Office