Lead Software Developer (Remote)
Job Ref: (Apply online only)-CVL
£50K - £60K Basic + Company bonus + Pension + 20 Days Holiday (rising with service) + Public Holidays + Benefits
My client is a market leading manufacturer who supply their products and technology into a variety of businesses across the globe.
Recognised for their ability to offer complete end to end design, manufacture and installation services they have become a key provider to clients in a variety of industries.
If you are looking to work for a well-established, rapidly growing organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This is an opportunity to join a recently restructured team within a business that relies heavily on their IT systems. You will report into the Software Development Manager and support a team of 8 developers whilst remaining hands on with coding and resolving complex issues. You will oversee development of internal systems, providing guidance and support to your team within an extremely busy, global manufacturing business.
The role is fully remote but will involve occasional travel (once a month at most) to the head office in the north of England. Fuel and accommodation will be paid when travel is required.
Other duties will include:
* Support the Software Development Manager in mentoring a team of 8 remote developers
* Write efficient and secure code
* Develop cloud-native software and Power Platform solutions as part of a roadmap to remove technical debt from the business's portfolio
* Ensure projects remain on track and are delivered on time
* Plan system designs, prototype ideas and respond to feedback and improvements
* Support with migration, initial focus on migrating the current SQL to the latest version
* Ensure the current team understand the company and departments goals
* Work within robust quality assurance, SLA and KPI frameworks
* Help create application architecture and development standards across technical teams
* Help to develop scalable enterprise systems in C# .Net using SOLID principles
* Continuously look for optimisations and efficiency improvements across the business
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years' experience in a senior .Net development role. You will possess strong technical and coding skills and a track record in leading the design, development and continuing maintenance of the company's systems. You will be innovative and offer solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
* Extensive experience in a senior .Net development role
* A demonstrable product focused approach to developing software
* Ability and willingness to support and mentor other developers
* Strong skills in debugging/fault finding in both front-end and back-end systems
* Advanced understanding of Microsoft .Net stack
* Experience in working in a fast-paced Agile digital delivery environment, using scrum and Kanban
* Extensive experience with SQL Server
* Strong knowledge of software architecture, design patterns and standards
* Experience of working with RESTful API and n-tier architectures
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Extensive knowledge of Software Architecture, design patterns and standards
* Have experience in front-end development (desirable)