Full remote working or hybrid working available
Build and deploy award-winning Financial Technology.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Site Reliability Engineer to join a growing FinTech company to drive continuous improvements across the platform and applications.
As a Lead Site Reliability Engineer, you will be leading an experienced team that is responsible for building, shaping, and evolving the shared services that underpin the platform and its applications.
As a Lead Site Reliability Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with junior members of the team to progress their technical understanding and contextual knowledge
- Become the SME/expert on our technology stack and drive continuous improvements
- Continuously drive to reduce complexity in our systems, a focus on simplicity with everything we do
- Plan for failure and design for resilience
- Leveraging automation to remove anything that is cost-effective to do so
- Have a strong input to solution design focusing on key quality attributes such as availability, latency, and performance
- Build and maintain our monitoring systems, implementing Service Level Indicators and Service Level Objectives to measure service health
- Advocate data for decision making, make decisions based on clear facts and figures, strive to make visible the required data to aid decisions
- Document knowledge, ensure information is available to all in a clear and concise manner
- Guide and develop others, where knowledge and skills can be shared make it a personal objective to do so
- Design and implement incident management responses, continuously decreasing our Mean Time To Resolution
- Be responsible for keeping within service level objective targets and adjusting the rate of agility or stability accordingly as a team to maintain balance
- Identify and clearly articulate areas for improvement across systems
- Adhere to security guidance for systems and work with security team members to ensure system changes do not relax our security posture
- Take the lead on escalations from other teams within IT for monitoring/troubleshooting/incident management expertise
You are a driven and passionate person with a working background in either IT operations or development, a creative thinker able to challenge 'the way things have always been done' by providing innovative solutions and ideas.
You enjoy sharing your knowledge and understanding and can effectively support others growth of technical and soft skills. You enjoy being part of a team that employs technology to solve business problems.
Our priority is to find colleagues that share our passions and mindset.
The world of technology moves fast so although experience with our current technical stack is desired, we believe that the right kind of person is more valuable than deep knowledge of specific technologies.
It is in both of our interests to work with you in a role that speaks to your strengths and allows you to contribute, feel included, learn, grow, to have a voice and to be able to challenge in a safe and secure way.
Sample of our technology stack
- Windows Server
- SQL Server
- RedHat Enterprise Linux
- Azure Cloud
Sample of our technology management tools
- Azure DevOps
Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Full remote working or hybrid working
- Hybrid Working (split between home and office).
- Discretionary bonus each year.
- 25 days holiday per calendar year plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase or sell up to 5 additional days per year.
- Supported and encouraged professional development.
- Private Medical scheme (single cover that can be increased to FULL Family).
- 4 x salary life assurance.
- Income protection scheme.
- Group contributory pension scheme.
- Interest free season ticket loans for travel costs.
- Novia Foundation Day in support of charitable activities.
- We encourage internal progression, with many of our employees going on to become Team Leaders, Managers, Subject Matter Experts and many more.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.