About the right team member
We are looking for a highly motivated, analytically-driven, strategic Lead Revenue Accountant to join our Finance team. In this role, you will be responsible for the day to day functions Revenue Accounting serves as part of a broader team. You will be a key contributor in the financial statement close process where timeliness and accuracy are crucial. Additionally, you will work closely with the Finance Team, as well as cross-functionally with the Business Intelligence and FP&A teams, to ensure all reporting, operational processes, and ad hoc projects are completed efficiently and in accordance with US GAAP. To succeed in this role, you’ll need a comprehensive understanding of US GAAP, sound business judgment as well as strong problem solving and analytical skills. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, effective communicator and has an eye for details.
About the role
- Manage critical accounting processes including but not limited to revenue recognition and application of ASC 606, monthly close and projections
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness in accounting for revenue, deferred revenue, and other accounting areas managed by the revenue accounting team
- Participate in the financial statement close process by preparing journal entries, reconciliations, and other analysis as requested
- Partner with various departments to ensure that new arrangements, projects or partnerships maintain compliance with the Company’s revenue recognition policy and achieve the best interests of the Company
- Research, provide guidance on accounting topics and assist the Finance team with other ad-hoc projects as needed
- Prepare various schedules and supporting documentation for the external auditors during the annual audit
- Ensure proper business controls are in place and assist in the implementation of new controls and procedures when necessary
- Assist in the development of company policies and monitor adherence to existing Company policies and procedures
- Help maintain the revenue recognition policy for changes in the business or for new product lines, and keep management updated of any new policies or projects
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles
Skills & experience
- 4+ years of accounting experience (ideally a mix of Big 4 and public company experience)
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of the U.S. GAAP, SOX 404
- A hands-on style and the ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast-moving company with a wide variety of strategic initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, from staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, and proactive. Must have a strong work ethic and be able to meet critical deadlines
- Knowledge of ERP tools and best practices
- Highly proficient in MS office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- CPA is a plus but not required
- SQL experience is a plus but not required
It is Mindbody’s intent to pay all Team Members competitive wages and salaries that are motivational, fair and equitable. The goal of Mindbody’s compensation program is to be transparent, attract potential employees, meet the needs of all current employees, and encourage Team Members to stay with our organization.
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location.
The base salary range for this position in the United States is $123,500 to $135,000. The total compensation package for this position may also include performance bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans.