WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges. CORPORATE
Michael Baker International understands that people require choices in where they want to begin to build a sustainable future. For more than 75 years, Michael Baker International has maintained an entrepreneurial work environment that fosters great careers, which ultimately has brought great success to the organization. Michael Baker offers many opportunities to help you grow professionally to build your career. Whether it is in Finance, IT, Human Resources, Technology, Communications, Proposal Production, Legal or our National Practice and Market segments, take your next step with us and help make a difference in the lives of those you work with and those we serve. DESCRIPTION
As a part of our Talent Acquisition Team, the Talent Acquisition Lead will help ensure the delivery of our most valuable asset-people, across the Great Lakes region. You will build and maintain relationships with hiring managers and candidates. You will foster relationships with professional associations. You will identify target candidates and take advantage of networking opportunities to aggressively, source and screen, and close the best possible candidates.
- Manage full life-cycle recruitment including creating sourcing strategies, actively sourcing candidates, pre-screening, interviewing and presenting qualified candidates to hiring managers, negotiating offers and facilitating the hiring processes.
- Directly supervises 0-3 people Recruiters/ staff.
- Drive team sourcing efforts through LinkedIn, Hiretual, email marketing, mining professional and alumni associations, social media, cold calling, and direct candidate engagement
- Implement innovative proactive sourcing strategies, including leveraging knowledge of technology, organizations, and networks, to attract and engage talent
- Be a consultant and partner to hiring managers on all aspects of the hiring process, including hiring strategies, recruitment cycle timing, coaching and guidance on best practices and market trends.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- You will partner with hiring managers to identify personnel needs, job specifications, qualifications, and skills and assist them in crafting job descriptions and developing recruiting strategies.
- You will manage projects including email marketing, industry talent mapping, mining/ sourcing professional and alumni associations, social media, cold calling and engaging candidates.
- You will participate in skill development and team building programs; collaborating with Lead Recruiters in the creation of structured educational exercises and seizing unstructured coaching opportunities
- You'll need a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience; and at least 12+ years of related experience.
- You'll need to be outgoing, organized and assertive. You'll also need to be able to network, source and uncover talent at all levels.
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to success in this role.
- You'll need to be able to quickly get up to speed on our recruiting policy, procedures and databases and acquire an understanding of the company's service offerings, and employment opportunities.
- Naturally, you'll need computer skills (Microsoft Office), with the ability to utilize our applicant tracking system and social media savvy.
- If you have prior experience recruiting within the Architecture, Engineering or Construction industries it would definitely help you to hit the ground running.
- You'll need a general knowledge and understanding of recruitment/placement laws and practices.
Talent Acquisition Lead will help ensure the delivery of our most valuable asset-people, across the Great Lakes region. You will build and maintain relationships with hiring managers and candidates. You will foster relationships with professional associations. You will identify target candidates and take advantage of networking opportunities to aggressively, source and screen, and close the best possible candidates.