We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they've been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today-and tomorrow.
As a Lead Product Manager on Thrivent's Experience & Innovation team, you will reimagine Thrivent's user experiences and launch new ones to forward Thrivent's mission of helping people improve their financial clarity and live lives of meaning and gratitude.
You will help manage Thrivent experiences as products that manifest across channels in service of improving core business and client experience metrics. You'll join a cross-functional product team of designers, technologists, operators, and marketers to deliver delightful and effective user experiences that drive business value. You're comfortable working anywhere along the product lifecycle helping develop both gradual improvements as well as exploring new and adjacent solutions to better help people achieve specific jobs to be done. You will own business cases, define success criteria, measure benefits to Thrivent's customers and bottom line, and find ways to grow impact over time. You're eager to learn, a fantastic business storyteller, a systems thinker, excited by ambiguity, and able to skillfully contribute to the evolution of a fast-growing brand.
Yeah, we're doing this differently, and we're just getting started. Sound like your thing? Join in on the action.
**We are open to candidates working remotely anywhere across the United States.Job DescriptionDUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS: Required:
- Owns a product vision and a product roadmap and prioritizes and sequences activities.
- Oversees product strategy formulation and execution.
- Leads across entire product lifecycle; accountable for improvement in metrics over time.
- Engages customers and users on a regular basis and advocates for them with other stakeholders.
- Leads collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team to refine, improve, and reimagine experiences and business models.
- Oversees development of business cases for all new product investments.
- Develops culture of new business model innovation.
- Mentors and leads junior product managers and contributes to the evolution of the team.
- Recruits, develops, and sustains a high-performing team while promoting a culture of shared accountability, operational excellence, and partnership across the organization.
- Models Thrivent's leadership competencies - courage, collaboration, and commitment by demonstrating resiliency, working together to make the best decisions, and holding yourself and others accountable.
- Supports and/or develops an environment in which Thrivent employees and colleagues are focused on continuous improvement, exceptional employee engagement, and an unwavering commitment to our clients. Shapes and/or supports a culture that represents the Thrivent purpose, promise and values, ensuring that Thrivent's trust and reputation remain strong with its clients.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience in roles managing products, entrepreneurship, business design, product marketing, and / or innovation consulting.
- Experience across essential product management disciplines with depth in two or three: product development and testing, strategy and business modelling, user-centered design, user experience, data analysis, and growth.
- Familiarity with the entire product development process, with proven experience in either front-end design or scaled delivery.
- Ability to extract complex concepts and quickly turn around strategic product roadmaps, new processes, and new methodologies.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and work autonomously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively tell stories and 'translate' among different perspectives including business, design, and technology.
- Experience in financial services, particularly banking, insurance, investments and/or financial planning.
- Master's in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Fluency with project and backlog management software (preferred Atlassian suite, including Jira and Confluence) + design software (prefer Figma).
- Travel will be required for this position, as needed.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to or call and request Human Resources.