What We Need
Lead Multiplayer Engineer
Firaxis Games is currently seeking a Lead Multiplayer Engineer to enhance our gameplay systems through the utilization of the Unreal 5 network layer. The perfect candidate should have experience in releasing a previous Unreal game and possess extensive expertise in multiplayer systems. In this role, responsibilities include overseeing multiplayer foundations and promoting the Multiplayer development process.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with Lead Engineer and online services platform teams, advocating for the game team support of online gameplay.
- Become a domain expert for our internal multiplayer systems.
- Design and implement existing code base to support a clean MP foundation.
- Work closely with the gameplay team to build and maintain multiplayer first strategy.
- Actively maintain your skill set by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
- Session negotiation (creation, query, joining).
- Unreal Online Services (Match Matching, Leaderboards, Frontend engineer to communicate with our restful services)
What Will Make You A Great Fit
- Strong knowledge and proven experiences with Unreal Network systems
- Understanding of Replication flow, RPCs, and debugging MP systems
- Experience with online services, design patterns, and associated challenges.
- Ability to produce novel, inventive, solutions to problems in the gaming and online services spaces.
- Self-motivated and passionate about games.
- Able and motivated to work with other team members.
- Fluent C++ programming, code review and debugging skills.
- Minimum of 1 year leading an engineering team
- A minimum of 5 years' programming experience with at least one shipped video game
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine 5
- Prior development experience in multiplayer systems architectures
- Experience shipping and supporting Live products.
- Networking experience in TCP, UDP, and higher-level protocols
- Expertise in Windows and Linux environments.
- Familiar with security considerations.
- Passion for video games
- A degree in computer science or a related field
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
**DELETE AS APPROPRIATE** - please leave the relevant location tag for LinkedIn