This is a fully remote position, allowing this Lead Software Engineer to work from the comfort of their own home from anywhere inside the US. The main skills needed for this role are Java / J2EE, Angular, and AWS.
This position services as an expert technical and industry resource to management, clients and development staff in new uses of information technology in all phases of major system and subsystem development. Provides consultation on internal and industry IT technical and business domain process capabilities including leadership in the identification and recommendation of new IT opportunities and business operations as it relates to application development. Formulates, contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for research, prototype, and proof-of-concept IT activities. Directs and participates in all aspects of development tasks including data management, application architecture and business architecture. Provides guidance to staff on complex assignments and mentors on new technologies.
- Works with to break down a complex system into smaller components and coach/lead a team of software engineers to design and develop these components.
- Functions as primary practitioner coach on the team to grow the capabilities of other engineers on the team.
- Integrates systems to databases and other applications using middleware such as SnapLogic, REST based services, etc.
- Understands the relationship between applications and infrastructure.
- Acts as a leader in the developer community within Magellan and performs demo, knowledge sharing sessions.
- Writes technical blogs and be active in Open Source Community.
Agile, DevOPS and Cloud :
Other Job Requirements Responsibilities
- Acts as expert for automated testing strategies, including TDD and ATDD.
- Works on Agile software development projects.
- Understands advanced concepts of Containers, Micro-Services, Continuous Integration
- Develops highly scalable applications in AWS cloud using tools like Cloud Formation Templates, EC2, SWF, ELB, Lambda, S3, RDS/Dynamo DB and others.
- Identifies track key metrics produced by the application.
- Performs load and performance testing on the applications and have advanced troubleshooting ability to tune the application to scale.
General Job Information Title
- 5+ years related experience including a minimum of 2+ years designing, building and deploying software in IT.
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Lead Java Software Engineer - RemoteGrade
Bachelors: Computer and Information ScienceLicense and Certifications - Required License and Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position. - provided by Dice