Our Digital Engineering team at Storyteq are responsible for building world class, enterprise grade digital applications for high profile brands. We pride ourselves in working with mature Agile methodologies and make use of the latest versions of technology. Our teams are structured in such a way that gives every employee the opportunity to learn new skills, work on various projects over time and see the results of your efforts in the online consumer marketplace. Joining the Digital Engineering function would see you work as part of a cross-functional, product style team, generally consisting of a Business Analyst, Scrum Master / Project Manager, Solution Architect, Lead Developers (FE and BE), Developers, and Testers (Manual and Automated).
Do you love developing innovative and exciting new digital solutions that have a real impact on customer experience?
Well we have the role and environment for you here at Storyteq, part of the Inspired Thinking Group (ITG).
You are a passionate Lead Frontend Developer, commercially experienced with the desire and drive to produce the very best work possible - yet pragmatic enough to know that deadlines aren't just a suggestion.
You are a superstar communicator who is able to thrive in a challenging, ever changing, hands-on environment in which the only way to succeed is to collaborate with the cross functional teams around you!
Projects will range from working on main brand websites with huge amounts of multi-lingual content, through to smaller one-off projects such as marketing micro-sites. You will also be involved in delivering a wide range of web-based projects along with our digital creative teams including the creation of mobile and web applications.
- Working as part of cross functional teams whilst providing technical leadership.
- Be an active member of the development team, specialising in Front End Development but also working on projects using technologies with which you may be unfamiliar with.
- Be responsible for estimating development effort on projects.
- Help define and execute the development strategy.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure quality standards are upheld.
- Work closely with account directors, creative, and the client directly to ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Mentor and develop other members of the team.
- Implement and improve working practices.
- Identify and research emerging market trends to ensure you are always on top of your game.
On top of a competitive salary, you can expect a whole load of perks:
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays – we understand the importance of you getting some down time.
- Annual Wellbeing Day – enjoy an additional day on us to look after your physical and mental wellbeing.
- Pension Scheme – helping you save towards your retirement home in the sun!
- Corporate Medical Cash Plan – claim back the cost of your medical treatments.
- So many savings – through our online community platform, you can access dozens of daily deals, from money off top brands to discounts on days out.
- Employee Assistance Programme – our people are at the heart of everything we do, so if you’re happy, we’re happy.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – save on the cost of biking to work.
- Monthly Employee Awards - Employee of the Month programme with £250 bonus
- Raising money for charity including a paid Volunteer Day – we’re all about giving back… and having lots of fun in the process!
- Referral scheme – know the perfect person to join the team? You could bag £1,500 for a putting a good word in.
- Wellbeing Programme – giving you the opportunity to join regular, interactive Wellbeing Workshops or join our 30 plus Wellbeing Champions.
- Enhanced Family Friendly Leave – support for you and your family to help you navigate through the craziness of family life.
We Value Diversity
We champion and welcome diversity in our workforce and ensure all job applicants receive equal and fair treatment, regardless of age, race, gender or gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or nationality.
We are not only committed to increasing the visibility and recognition of talent from under-represented groups within our organisation, but the wider industry too.
At the end of the day, we make sure we take time to look after ourselves, each other, and the planet, because we’re always stronger together.
ITG have a number of community groups available to employees and exist to offer a safe space for like-minded colleagues, with shared interests to connect, socialise and check in with each other.
- Experience of working within an agile environment
- Considerable development experience
- Proven ability to deliver a wide range of projects, large and small
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development
- Strong knowledge of software development practices, processes and theories, especially around Agile Development Principles
- Knowledge of development frameworks other than the one you are expert in
- Team leadership and mentoring experience
- Responsive design and development
- Good client experience
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Knowledge of at least one Java MVC Web development (ideally SpringMVC, alternatively Java MVC frameworks, or alternatively Struts or Struts 2)