At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference. Our Mission
Northwestern Mutual has 160 years of history providing financial security to millions of people. Continuing that tradition means changing to meet the needs of our clients and financial advisors. We are a strong, innovative, and growing company that invests in people who care and make a positive impact. The Design Team leads the way by creating human, simple, and engaging products to help people plan, track, and protect their financial goals. What's the role?
A Lead Experience Designer on the design team is a pivotal leadership role. The person in this role takes a holistic view of a program of features within a larger portfolio of products across a journey segment of our customers and partners. Through mentoring, coaching, and facilitation they help advance their teammate's work. By working with peers and their leadership, they help understand the broader context of the portfolio and work with their teammates to make sure their program's work fits into that greater context. All of their work advocates our partners & customers' needs and balances those needs, goals, & motivations with our partners' goals, team OKRs, and the overall business. What You'll Be Doing:
What this role needs:
- Working with our research team to create insight development plans.
- Facilitate the development of initiatives based on interpretations of insights.
- Work with program management team, to build resourcing plans and schedules
- Collaborate with the design system team to contribute new components based on emergent needs discovered through application designs
- Facilitate design workshops
- Help drive all work through to completion for your own projects and those of the rest of your design team.
- Drive usability, accessibility, responsiveness and other properties through design execution.
- You will be encouraged to provide mentorship and coaching to more less experienced designers and non-designers on the team. A Lead can be called upon to supervise up to 4 designers.
- You have experience working on a diverse set of complex , highly transactional, data intensive digital products & services.
- Demonstrate a well-rounded set of digital design skills with primary emphasis on interaction design and information architecture with secondary abilities in graphic/visual design and research.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of relevant psychological and other social science topics and their application to product design.
- You have worked with applying design systems across a complex array of products and services.
- You are an advocate for design process and methods, and have experience teaching non-designers how they can make use of them and gain value from their practice for themselves.
- You are strategic and outcome oriented and present your work based on a critical eye to the business.
- You have a detailed design process that is responsive to common heuristics and critical principles.
- You are not only proficient in relevant tools of the trade but explore tools & tooling to always be ready to switch to the next outstanding tool.
- You use your communications and social skills to influence collaborators, as well as to clearly communicate requirements, requests, and responses.
- Ability to travel quarterly
- Experience in a regulated industry like financial/banking, insurance or healthcare.
#LI-POST This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Required Certifications: Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.