***Can be 100% remote within the U.S.***
Wolters Kluwer is a global leader in professional information services. Professionals in the areas of legal, business, tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance and healthcare rely on Wolters Kluwer's market leading information-enabled tools and software solutions to manage their business efficiently, deliver results to their clients, and succeed in an ever more dynamic world. Wolters Kluwer combines deep domain knowledge with specialized technology. Our portfolio offers software tools coupled with content and services that customers need to make decisions with confidence. Every day, our customers make critical decisions to help save lives, improve the way we do business, build better judicial and regulatory systems. We help them get it right.
This role is part of the global Workplace Technology (WPT) team providing workplace services to a global userbase of 25.000 colleagues. The role is focused on the global company and you will be working within the high performance WPT: End User Computing team consisting of over 20 team members. In this role you will be expected to work within a Matrix based organization and have strong collaboration and communication skills.
You will have the opportunity to promote and drive key strategic initiatives to bring innovation and improvements of workplace services, innovate our security controls and standards and participate in our Modern Workplace developments. Within this context, you will take accountability for the end to end delivery of solutions against a predefined scope of work within these programs.
Work activities as part of this role will consist of leading the development and enhancements for the Remote Workplace service. The Remote Workplace service is based on virtual desktop technology (currently Amazon Workspaces and AppStream) and servicing 3000 remote users globally. The service was established recently and is considered strategic to Wolters Kluwer's company goals with direct line of sight to executive leadership.
In the coming years, the service capacity is expected to expand, and the service maturity will have to scale to support this. For example, by introducing technology improvements, regional expansions, automation, cross-cloud resilience as well as the continued onboarding of infrastructure and application workloads. These activities will need to be strategically planned, road mapped and executed with alignment to internal stakeholders as well as the service teams of the technology vendors.ResponsibilitiesStrategy & Architecture
Development & Implementation
- Ensures that all stakeholders adhere to IT strategic workplace management approach and timetables. Develops and communicates plans to drive forward the strategy. Contributes to the development of policies, standards and guidelines for IT strategy development and planning.
- Specifies and applies appropriate analytical techniques to create information which supports business decision-making. Formats and communicates results, using textual, numeric, graphical, and other visualization methods appropriate to the target audience.
- Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements. Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited.
- Reviews Workplace IT services for compliance with legislation and specifies any required changes. Responsible for ensuring compliance with organizational policies and procedures and overall information management strategy.
- Actively monitors for, and seeks, opportunities, new methods, trends, capabilities, and products to the advancement of the organization.
- Captures and prioritizes market and environmental trends, business strategies and objectives, and identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Establishes the contribution that technology can make to business objectives, conducting feasibility studies, producing high-level business models, and preparing business cases.
Relationships & Engagement
- Specifies and designs large or complex services. Selects appropriate design standards, methods, and tools, consistent with agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensures they are applied effectively.
- Reviews others' service designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology.
- Contributes to policy for selection of technology components. Ensures that the service designs balances functional, service quality, security, and systems management requirements.
- Provides specialist guidance information to support, systems testing and quality assurance functions to assist in improving procedures.
- Researches suppliers and markets, and maintains a broad understanding of the commercial environment, to inform and develop commercial strategies and sourcing plans.
- Advises on the business case for alternative sourcing models, and on policy and procedures covering the selection of suppliers, tendering, and procurement.
- Identifies the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
- Negotiates with stakeholders at senior levels, ensuring that Workplace policy and strategies are adhered to. Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (e.g. Information Systems Management) or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of overall experience with Information Technology in a matrixed environment
- 3+ years of work experience in a similar role
- Technology skills at a global enterprise scale:
- Workplace technical services and architectures
- Workplace security and compliance services and architectures
- Virtual Desktop infrastructure platforms and services
- Amazon Workspaces, Amazon AppStream
- AWS cloud infrastructure
- Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktop
- (Azure) Active Directory
- Software packaging development and distribution
- Networking architecture and configurations
- Automation of operational and recurring services (f.e. instance provisioning, instance configuration changes, user self-service tools, automated event triggering, etc.)
- Project management skills:
- Developing complex plans and business cases and promoting and presenting these to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Cross-team coordination and delivery of technology deliverables and services
- Recent experience in defining and working within traditional waterfall, Agile &/Or Scrum DevOPS environments
- Some financial/budget management, required scheduling and resource management
- Certification: AWS Certified Solution Architect
USA-IL-Riverwoods-Lake Cook Rd - provided by Dice