The Author by Humana organization leverages advanced scientific techniques, forecasting, and machine learning to predict financial and clinical outcomes in order to guide investments that improve health outcomes and reduce costs. In this exciting start-up environment, you'll have the opportunity to develop data science processes and work directly with decision-making executives to shape the future of Author's most important strategic initiatives.
The Lead Data Scientist develops, maintains, and collects structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting. Creates reports, projections, models, and presentations to support business strategy and tactics. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
* 4 or more years of machine learning engineering experience, including creation of deployment pipelines and production level monitoring of data models
* Experience in using mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions
* Successful demonstrated experience in working on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial
* Experience in developing, maintaining, and collecting structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting
* Experience in creating reports, projections, models, and presentations to support business
* Experience writing maintainable, testable, production-grade Python code and good command of scientific Python toolkit (numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn)
* Proficient in SQL and creating ETL processes
* Understanding of different machine learning algorithm families and their tradeoffs (linear, tree-based, kernel-based, neural networks, unsupervised algorithms, etc.)
* Understanding of time, RAM, and I/O scalability aspects of data science applications (e.g. CPU and GPU acceleration, operations on sparse arrays, model serialization and caching)
* Experience leading large data science projects, managing requirements across stakeholders to define the analytic approach and technical solutions
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects, manage expectations, and deliver results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Clear oral and written communication skills. Experience interpreting and communicating results of complex analyses to technical and non-technical business partners and executive decision makers
* Strong business acumen, including a deep understanding of healthcare payer economics
* Demonstrated familiarity with clinical / healthcare related datasets and model
Master's or PhD Degree in Computer Science or related field
* Experience developing and validating machine learning models and tools
* Experience with cloud-based ecosystems
* Experience working in Agile environments
For this job, associates are required to be fully COVID vaccinated or undergo weekly COVID testing and wear a face covering while at work. The weekly testing will need to be done through an approved Humana vendor, and unvaccinated associates should follow all social distancing and masking protocols if they are required to come into a Humana facility or work outside of their home. We are a healthcare company committed to putting health and safety first for our members, patients, associates, and the communities we serve.
If progressed to offer, you will be required to:
* Provide proof of full vaccination OR
* Commit to weekly testing, following all CDC protocols, OR
* Provide documentation for a medical or religious exemption consideration.
This policy will not supersede state or local laws. Requests for these exemptions should be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled first day of work.
Scheduled Weekly Hours