Digital Health and Analytics is a new area of Humana, focused on transforming the health experience for Humana members through the use of technology and analytics. We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist who will design studies and utilize cutting edge predictive modeling techniques, to rigorously test hypotheses, and complete analyses to turn data into actionable solutions. Located in Humana's new Studio H location in Boston, the Lead Data Scientist will work cross-functionally and collaboratively with teams across Humana utilizing cutting edge machine learning techniques to implement and execute test and learn projects. The ideal candidate will have experience conducting experiments in an applied healthcare setting, demonstrated innovative and creative methods for overcoming testing constraints, as well as successfully applying machine learning techniques to address business needs.
Our dream is to bring personalized care and health insurance into reality. We will be building state of the art AI solutions in healthcare. You would be part of an exceptional multidisciplinary team, focused on deep learning, recommender systems, reinforcement learning, and wearable devices for health monitoring. Great opportunity to touch on different aspects of AI, share and learn from the team.
We are seeking a Lead Data Scientist able to
* Have absolute fun with the rest of us
* Use mathematics, statistics, machine learning, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions
* Involve in moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations and data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
* Use machine learning and artificial intelligence to develop sophisticated models, using both structured and unstructured data sets for analysis
* Use techniques from supervised and unsupervised machine learning, statistical analysis, Or predictive modeling to deliver business insights to prospects and customers
* Work with the academic and business community to develop new techniques and to contribute to research in the area of advanced analytics on large databases
* Generate new product requirements for the engineering group to enhance the analytics capabilities of the database
* Assist in customer engagement management, requirements definition, project scoping, timeline management, and results documentation to ensure professional relationship management
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
* 5 years technical experience
* A very strong traditional machine learning background with deep structured learning/hierarchical learning and statistical modeling techniques
* Experience with Deep Learning (ANN, CNN, RNN, Auto-encoders, GAN, etc.)
* Experience with developing end to end analytical products
* Skilled in obtaining data from multiple, disparate data sources including structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
* Experience working with and analyzing various types of data using Python
* Experience in using mathematics, statistics, modeling, experimental study design, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions
* Strong interpersonal and consulting skills
* Work experience in a health care and/or Insurance setting
* Familiar with deep embedding and techniques like deep embedded clustering
* Experienced in recommender systems
* Experienced in reinforcement learning
* Experienced in NLP
* Knowledge and experience working with standard speech recognition toolkits
* Demonstrated experience in time series, signal processing, and AI techniques on continuous time signals
* Experience with cloud-based ecosystems (GCP, AWS, Azure)
* Experience in Big Data environment specifically PySpark and DataBricks
* Previously applied machine learning to help a firm reach objectives
This position is based in Boston and will require occasional travel (approximately 10%) to Humana headquarters in Louisville, KY and other Humana locations.
For this job, associates are required to be fully COVID vaccinated or undergo weekly COVID testing and wear a face covering while at work. The weekly testing will need to be done through an approved Humana vendor, and unvaccinated associates should follow all social distancing and masking protocols if they are required to come into a Humana facility or work outside of their home. We are a healthcare company committed to putting health and safety first for our members, patients, associates, and the communities we serve.
If progressed to offer, you will be required to:
* Provide proof of full vaccination OR
* Commit to weekly testing, following all CDC protocols, OR
* Provide documentation for a medical or religious exemption consideration.
This policy will not supersede state or local laws. Requests for these exemptions should be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled first day of work.
Scheduled Weekly Hours