CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Cloud Adoption Center of Excellence is a collection of highly skilled individuals ranging from development to operations with a security first mindset who strive to push the boundaries of technology. We champion a DevSecOps culture and raise the bar on how and when we deploy applications to production. Our core principals are centered around automation, testing, quality, and immutability all via code. The role is responsible for building self-service capabilities that improve our security posture, productivity, and reduce time to market with automation at the core of these objectives.The individual collaborates with teams across the organization to ensure applications are designed for Continuous Delivery (CD) and are well-architected for their targeted platform which can be on-premise or the cloud. If you are passionate about developer productivity, cloud native applications, and container orchestration, this job is for you!
- The incumbent will leads software development projects (paired with business-focused Engineering teams, as well as Platform Engineering), particularly with respect to Cloud-centric development. They will help Engineering teams implement new cloud technologies for critical business applications.
- Expected to assist in choosing the right cloud technologies for various business needs, and executing on that choice.
- Working with Platform Engineering to ensure CICD/DevSecOps needs are being met by the project team
Skills and Software Requirements:
- Strong Experience with Java, and optional modern languages, such as Ruby, Perl, Python, Go, and Scala
- Strong experience using Java and Cloud-centric technologies to Engineer critical business commitments.
- Experience with Jenkins, Maven, Git, Ansible, or CHEF
- Experience working with containers, orchestration tools (like Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm etc.) and container registries (GCE, Docker hub etc.)
- Experience leading technology teams, preferably DevSecOps, Software Development, or Infrastructure related.
- Experience working independently, as well as in a team environment, proactively driving initiatives and tasks while meeting agreed delivery timelines
- Ability to provide effective and timely solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or comparable degree
7+ years of Engineering Experience